Search for content in message boards

Bradley Gambill descendent

Bradley Gambill descendent

Patty "Gambill" Davis (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 3:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for family hitory about the Gambill's, my father was Howard Gambill, his father was George Gambill and mother was Oma Dell Anderson, George had a brother named Alexander and their parents were John Gambill and Susan Stedman.My email is PGDavis47@hotmail.com, would appreciate any info.
Patty Davis

Re: Bradley Gambill descendent

Judy Gambill Brice (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2001 1:33AM GMT
I am also a descendant of Bradley Gambill. They were from Bedford and Richmond counties in Tennessee. Our line descends from Aaron Gambill one of Bradley and Suzannah's 14 children. Bradley was from England and changed the spelling of the family name when he came to America as the story goes. Hope this helps you. I've heard the name John mentioned but don't remember how far back in the line.

SCOTT B. BUSH (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2001 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: GAMBILL, DYER
MY LINE COMES FROM JOHN BRADLEY GAMBILL - HIS DAUGHTER WAS FRANCIS PERMILIA GAMBILL ( 28 AUG 1808 - 16 AUG 1898 ) SHE MARRIED ISAIAH ROBERT DYER ( 20 MAY 1808 - MURDERED - 15 JAN 1857 ) IN 1829 THEY LIVED IN WILLIAMSON AND RUTHERFORD COUNTIES IN TENNESSEE NEAR EAGLEVALE AND WINDROW SOUTH OF MURFREESEBORO . ISAIAH ROBERT AND FRANCIS PERMILIA GAMBILL WERE THE PARENTS OF TEN CHILDREN - THE FIFTH BORN IN WILLIAMSON COUNTY IN 1837 WAS ISAIAH WASHINGTON DYER - HE MARRIED ON 23 JAN 1860 TO MARTHA ANNA FRANCIS " PUSS " GLENN OF CHETHAM CO , TN - AND THEY HAD TEN CHILDREN - THE YOUNGEST - MY GG GRANDFATHER WAS HERMAN ENGLISH DYER SR -
BORN 27 FEB 1882 NEAR OLD HICKORY IN SUMNER CO - HE MARRIED TWICE - HIS SECOND MARRIAGE WAS TO DELLA ANN BURNETT - MY GG GRANDMOTHER - HERMAN AND DELLA HAD - WITH OTHER ISSUE - MY G GRANDMOTHER LUCILLE MARIE DYER BORN 9 APRIL 1923 AT ELIZABETH , HARRISON COUNTY, INDIANA AND SHE MARRIED FIRST IN 1939 TO SHERMAN EMMITT WRIGHT OF JAMESTOWN , TN - THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN TOGETHER - THE OLDEST IS MY GRADMOTHER ANN KATHRYN WRIGHT - SHE MARRIED BOYD ROBERT MIDDLETON AND HAD MY MOTHER - PENNY G. MIDDLETON SHE MARRIED MY FATHER RALPH BRADLEY BUSH - HIS FAMILY IS KIN TO D. BOONE AND NOTABLE IN KENTUCKY HISTORY - THEY HAD ME - SCOTT B. BUSH -
TH NAME WAS GAMBELLA BEEFORE IT WAS GAMBILL AND I HAVE ABOUT THREE GENERATIONS ON THE GAMBILLS IN ENGLAND - I HAVE TONS OF DOCUMENTATION OIN THE DYER FAMILY LESS ON THE GAMBILLS AND NECT TO NOTHING ON THE GLENN AND KIMBROUGH FAMILIES . THANKS - SCOTT B. BUSH

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: GAMBILL
FOR MORE DEATIOLED INFO CHECK OUT MY ENTRIES ON THE GAMBILL AND DYER FAMILY PAGES OF GENFORUM.COM -

ROBERT GAMBELLA/ GAMBILL CAME FROM LONDON

JOHN BRADLEY GAMBILL WAS BORN IN ENGALND IN 1742 HE WAS IN THE GEORGIA RANGERS FROM 1759 UNTIL CA. 1770 HE MARRIED SUSANNAH NASH IN SOUTH CAROLINA WHERE HE WAS GRANDTED LAND BEFORE HE MOVED ON TO THE AREA NEAR JOHNSON CITY, TN - YOU MAY WISH ALSO TO CONTACT - RAY GAMBILL - 25835 GILBRALTAR RD - FLAT ROCK , MI 48134 - LAST REPORTD EMAIL OF RAYG@WDL.NET - A GREAT SITE FOR THE GAMBILL FAMILY IS
WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/YOSEMITE/6648/G_SPRING97.HTML .
THANKS - SCOTT B. BUSH

Re: Bradley Gambill descendent - correction

scott b. bush (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: gambill - correction - up date
i have a correction to make . i made the earlier enrties from memory and when going through my documnets i saw i had made a mistake - first francis permilia gambill who i switched the dates on - should be born 26 aug 1808 - died 28 aug 1898 - she married isaiah robert dyer - whose correct dates are - born 20 may 1808 - died 15 jan 1857

francis was the daughter of john bradly gambill and sarah kimbro/kimbrough - john bradly gambill was the son of thomas bradly gambill - the bradley you refer to - he was married to sarah fisher nash and was the son of robert gambill/ gambella of london . i hope this clears things up. thanks. scott bush

Judy Gambill Brice (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 12:32AM GMT
My line comes from Bradley and Suzannah's son Samuel Aaron born 1776 in Wautaga Settlement, Washington Co. TN, died June 1851 in Bedford Co. TN. He was a brother to your John. He married Elizabeth Kennedy born 1780 in MD died 1845 Bedford Co. TN. They had among their issue Newton Cannon (my gggrandfather)b1812 d. 1861 in
Bedford Co. TN. He married Manerva Phillips b 1815 - d. 1867 Bedford Co. TN. They had Newton Cannon Jr. b. 1846 d. 1900 in Bedford Co. TN. He married Nancy L. Ladd b. 1840 - d. 1892 in Bedford Co. TN. They had Jesse Canon (my grandfather) 1873 Bedford Co TN died 1957 Harmon Co. OK. He married Nora Belle Haskins b. 1874 Bedford Co. TN died 1961 Harmon Co. OK. They had Coble Greer ( my father) in 1905 Bedford Co. TN. He was their last child born in TN. They had 3 more children in OK. He died 1989 in Cherokee Co. OK. He married Avis Ellen Graham b. 1908 - 1997 Cherokee Co. OK.

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 8:07AM GMT
Surnames: GAMBILL, DYER
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION - YOUR GGGG GRANDFATHER WAS A BROTHER TO MY GGGGG GRANDFATHER - THAT WOULD MAKE US COUSINS - IS IT FIRST COUSINS NINE TIMES REMOVED ? ANY WAY
I HAVE THOMAS BRADLEY GAMBILL AS HAVING DIED IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN IN 1806 . HIS SON :
MY LINE IS JOHN BRADLEY GAMBILL BORN 1771 IN GRANDVILLE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA - HE MARRIED ON 1 NOV 1798 IN DAVIDSON COUNTY, TN TO SARAH KIMBRO(UGH) SH WAS BORN IN PITTSBORO ? AS AN OLD BIBLE RECORD SAYS - NOTHING ELSE -
IN 1782 - SHE DIED ON STEWARTS CREEK , RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENNESSEE IN 1816 - HE DIED AFTER 16 MAY 1843 . TOGETHER THEY HAD FRANCIS PERMILA GAMBILL - BORN 26 AUG 1808 - HER BIRTH PLACE IS FOUND BOTH AS TN AND VA - SHE MARRIED ISAIAH ROBERT DYER WHOSE FAMILY CAME FROM RICHHMOND, VA - THEY HAD TEN CHILDREN - THE FIFTH WAS ISAIAH WAHINGTON DYER WHO WAS IN CO D , 11TH TN CALV C.S.A. CONFEDERATE FROM 1862 - 1863 HE WAS SHOT IN SHOLIDER AND RENDERED UNFIT FOR DUTY - HE WAS LUCKY AS HIS FATHER WAS SHOT IN BACK THROUGH AN OPEN WINDOW BY ONE OF SLAVES -ISAIAH ROBERT DYER DIED INTESTATE ON 15 JAN 1857 IN RUTHERFORD CO TN ( HE WAS BURIED AT THE DYER CEMETERY IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY AT THE CEDERS WITH HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ) . HIS SON ISAIAH WASHINGTON MARRIED MARTHA ANNA FRANCIS " PUSS" GLENN ON 23 JAN 1860 AT RUTHERFORD CO, TN - ISAIAH WASSHINGTON DYER NEVER REALLY GOT BETTER AND DIED IN MAY 1888 AT THEIR HOME IN PATTERSON, RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - THEY HAD 68 ACRES WHEN HE DIED . ISAIAH WASHINGTON AND MARTHA HAD TEN CHILDREN - THE YOUNGEST WAS HERMAN ENGLISH DYER SR. , HE WASS BORN DURING TH NIGHT OF THE 27-28 ( BOTH FOUND IN RECORDS ) OF FEB 1882 NEAR OLD HICKORY IN SUMNER COOUNTY, TN - HE MARRIED FIRST TO MAGGIE BLTTON AND HAD FOUR CHILDREN - IN 1912 - HIS WIFE, DAUGHTER AND MOTHER DIED OF T.B. - HE WENT TO MURFREESBORO AND THEN TO LOUISVILLE, KY - HE WAS A STREET CAR DRIVER AND LOST A LEG IN AN ACCIDENT - HE OWNED 6 DINERS, 5 RENTAL HOUSES, A GROCERY STORE, A DANCE HALL, RENTAL CABINS AND SEVERAL OTHER THINGS BEFORE THE OHIO FLOOD OF 27 - HE MARRIED 24 JUNE 1918 TO DELLA ANN BURNETT
( 28 AUG 1895- LEITCHFIELD, GRAYSON CO KY - 3 AUG 1993 - NEW ALBANY FLOYD CO, KY ) DAUGHTER OF ANDERSON WARREN BERNARD BURNETT AND ADA BRUCE . HERMAN DIED 2 NOV 1938 AND HE AND IS WIFE ARE BURIED AT FAIRVIEW CEMETERY IN NEW ALABANY, IN -
(RIGHT ACROSS THE OHIO FROM LOUISVILLE ) - HERMAN HAD WITH OTHER ISSUE BY DELLA - LUCILLE MARIE DYER - BORN 9 APRIL 1923 AT ELIZABETH , HARRISON COUNTY, IN . - SHE MARRIED FIRST TO SHERMAN EMMITT WRIGHT - THE SON OF EDMOND MACK WRIGHT AND NACY CATHERINE FULTON IN 1939 - THE HARRISON COUNTY,IN COURT HOUSE BURNED AND THE MARRIAGE RECORDS ARE GONE . - THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN TOGETHER - THE OLDEST -
ANN KATHRYN WRIGHT IS MY MOMS MOM - SHE MARRIED BOTD MIDDLETON AND HAD MY MOM PENNY G. MIDDLETON AND SHE MARRIED RALPH BUSH AND HAD ME- SCOTT B. BUSH - I AM LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS OF SUSANNAH FISHER NASH AND THE PARENTS OF SARAH KIMBROUGH BOTH - . IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU . PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH . SCOTT B. BUSH - CUREFAN@ANGELFIRE.COM

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 10:17AM GMT
I HAVE YET TO WRITE TO HER BUT A FRANCIS SUTTON OF LOUISVILLE, KY GAVE THE LDS THE FOLLOWING - SUSANNAH FISHER NASH - DAUGHTER OF JOHN NASH AND ELIZABETH FISHER .ALSO SHE GAVE THE WIFE OF ROBERT GAMBELL AS CATHERINE GATTON . I AM GOING TO WRITE HER AND FIND OUT WHAT HER DOCUMENTATION IS .
THANKS - SCOTT

Judy Brice (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 9:00PM GMT
Scott, that information in regard to Suzannah Nash is correct. I received my information from another Gambill relative Edna Kokanour. It's on her husbands side. Anyway, She gave me the following: Robert Gambill b. 1705 in England m Catherine Gatton. They were the parents of Thomas Bradley Gambill. The parents of Suzanna Fisher Nash were John Nash and Elizabeth Fisher.
For further info you can contact Edna at e.koke@home.com

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 12:19AM GMT
THANKS - I AGREE , I JUST WANTED SOME DOCUMENTATIONS.

SCOTT BUSH
per page

Find a board about a specific topic