Search for content in message boards

John "Jack" Seery

John "Jack" Seery

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for siblings John and Irene Seery. Their parents were Michael and Mary Seery. I know the 1930 census has her name as something else, just can't remember exactly, so I think Mary was a shorter American version of it.
They were born in the late 1920's in NJ. Michael is my great grandfather William's brother. William lived in upstate NY. Michael and William supposedly grew up in a foster family in NJ. I say supposedly because that is the story my grandmother was told, unitl I found out otherwise a few years ago.

Re: John "Jack" Seery

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 12:33PM GMT
I am of the Seery family that came from Ireland via Boston in about 1848. Michael David Seery born 1810 in Dublin and Ellen Graham, born 1819 in Ireland. They lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. To my knowledge my branch is the only surviving one on this family. I have nothing on Michael's parentage, but Ellen Graham was the d/o Robert and Jane Connelly. There was a Thomas Graham and his wife living with my ancestors in Milwaukee, WI in 1850. This Thomas was born in about 1827 in England, according to the 1850 US Census.

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 1:33AM GMT
I don't think this is my family. My great great great grandfather Michael came to Philadelphia from Tipperary about 1835. His son John, my great great grandfather ended up in the Bronx where my great grandfather William and his brother Michael were born in the 1890's.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 6:27PM GMT
Irene Seery was my Mother. I speak with Jack regularly. How did you hear of these two?

Here's Jack's art site. Tell him Mark sent you!
http://www.jackseery.com/

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 3:14AM GMT
Well if they are the ones I am looking for they are my grandmother's cousins.
Her father was William Seery, his brother was Michael, Irene and Jacks father.
Do you think we are speaking of the same Irene and Jack?

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 4:23AM GMT
Hi Darcy,

Yes, but unfortunately, Jack was upset I got him involved and Irene is deceased.

On a positive note, you received a response and (most likely) closure regarding this endeavor.

Warm Regards.

-Mark

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:26PM GMT
Mark,

That is so sad. I'm sorry he was upset, that certainly was not my goal. My sister and I have been working for many many years trying to fill in the holes of our Seery family line for our grandmother. We've filled in a lot, but still have a few unanswered questions.

Do you know anything you could share with us. We have a ton of information we are most definately willing to share with you.

Email me at my personal email vermontdarcy@aol.com.

Respect and regards,
Darcy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions