Search for content in message boards

Edward TOY of Helston

Edward TOY of Helston

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Sep 2005 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: TOY
I have come up against a brick wall with the marriage of Edward TOY and Jane HIGGO [widow], previously THOMAS, who were married in Helston Parish Church on 7 June 1802.

Does anyone know please when either of these two people died and where they were buried? also any suggestions please as to the parents of Edward TOY? Edward TOY had a son called James TOY who was baptised in Helston in December 1802.

The issue is confused by another Edward TOY and Jane WILLIAMS who were married in Helston Chapel in 1811.

If anyone can help with even the smallest item of information, I shall be truly grateful.

Penny Toy

Re: Edward TOY of Helston

Rob Don (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2005 10:09AM GMT
Surnames: Toy Dower Prisk
Hi Penny,
Noticed your query on Rootsweb. Have you had any success as yet. I am at present researching my Toy ancestors from Cornwall. Have you checked the Parish records for any details. Maybe able to assist you

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 6:29PM GMT
Hi Rob,
Sorry not to have replied earlier.Genealogy has been suspended for a while. Have got back to James Toy, builder in Helston married Sally / Sarah Cheffers 3/3/1822. Sarah b Helston1801 died in Wendron Street, Helston 1872. Here is the solid wall, The Higgo question was lateral thinking, Were your Toy family from Helston which seems to be the centre point of mine?
Best wishes from Penny and Peter Toy

Rob Don (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2005 1:43AM GMT
Hi Penny,
Glad to hear from you. You can contact me at robbardon@aol.com Would like to share notes about the Toys at Helston. Have tried to contact you through various avenues. Had a major problem this week the hard drive collapsed and I am back to square one regarding putting my research in my family tree program. I live in Caloundra Queensland, Australia

Best Wishes

Rob Don

Merry Xmas
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions