Search for content in message boards

"frog" Smith

"frog" Smith

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 11:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me about Mr. Smith. He used to write in the newspaper his nickname was "Frog" He was really interesting. He used to write about the sawmill at Slater which is really what I want to know about.

Thanks

Re: "frog" Smith

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 1:47AM GMT
Who
What
WHEN
Where
All information would be helpful.

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 5:45AM GMT

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Frog Smith was my step-father, a great person and very interesting. Check out this site, it will give you much information.

http://www.taplines.net/dc/dc1.html

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 10:54PM GMT
Thank you so very much. I used to read "Frog" postings in the Fort Myers News Press they were so interesting. I also knew his son George, and "Dude" and William was our mailman at one place we lived. The railroad and Slater stuff was interesting. About 10 -15 years ago I was at a presentation where Lee County had purchased some acreage to be used as mitigation acreage, on Hickeys Creek probably near the beginning of it. They historians or whomever all was there showed us where there had been a railroad turnabout on it. That is the Lee County Mitigation Park on Rt 80 now. I used to run into Dude in North Carolina a lot but haven't seen him lately. Thanks so much I love Lee County as it used to be. Did Ernest Smith come from North Florida, or Georgia. Reason I ask is my husbands grandmother was a Smith and I just wandered if there was a connection?

Sherry

Posted: 4 Apr 2011 3:38AM GMT
The only connection was a torrid love affair, at least that is the story.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic