Search for content in message boards

cassidy's of nb & me

cassidy's of nb & me

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cassidy, doherty, king, shea
i'm looking to more thoroughly connect mathew, mary and patrick cassidy from ireland. i have mathew and mary in maine in 1850 and 1860. and both in york co. nb. in 1881.
1850 United States Federal Census
Home in 1850:Number 11, Aroostook, Maine
Family Number:360
Household Members:
Name Age
Michael Dority 26
Mary Dority 25
Bridget Dority 3
Mathew Casity 24

1881 Census of Canada
Name:Mathew Cassady
Marital Status:Married
Birth Year:1831
Birthplace:Ireland
Religion:Catholic
Nationality:Irish
Province:New Brunswick
District Number:30
District:York
Sub-District Number:L
Subdistrict:North Lake

1871 Census of Canada
Name:Michael Doherty
Birth Year:abt 1827
Birth Place:New Brunswick
Marital Status:Married
Religion:Roman Catholic
Origin:Irish
Province:New Brunswick
District:York
District Number:179
Division:01
Subdistrict:Dumfries
Subdistrict Number:j
Household Members:
Name Age
Michael Doherty 44 nb
Mary Doherty 42 ire
Margaret Doherty 23 nb
George Doherty 21 me
James Doherty 18 me
Michael Doherty 16 me

i connect patrick cassidy through my g-grandparents marriage. the paper lists ethel cassidy of houlton, me..
the marriage certifacate is signed e. m. cassidy.

1900 United States Federal Census
Name:Patrick Cassidy[Catrick Cassidy]
Birth Date:Jul 1830
Birthplace:Ireland
Home in 1900:
Houlton, Aroostook, Maine
[Aroostook]
Name Age
Patrick Cassidy 69
Wm S Cassidy 30
Michael J Cassidy 28
Alice G Cassidy 26
Ella M Cassidy 23

if anyone can add more, please let me know.
thanks, chris

Re: cassidy's of nb & me

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 2:11AM GMT
My connection to this is through James Cassidy who Marries Elizabeth Moore daughter of David Moore I found their marriage record in the woodstock nb church record. James is from Ireland b. abt 1832 or 1825 it changes in the census records. Matthew Cassidy and Sarah Ann Moore are witnesses at the wedding 1852. his third son is a Patrick Cassidy. but there is also a Patrick Cassidy in Houlton in 1860. what i was wondering if all these Cassidys are Related since James settles near them number 11. There is also a Philip Cassidy that lives there. And where they are from in Ireland.

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 12:36PM GMT
kim, good to hear from you. i got this from some other cassidy decendants a few months back.

Hi Chris' We to are trying to connect the Cassidy's of Houlton , Maine. You will note in the 1850 census that the Dority's and Matthew Cassidy are living adjacent to Philip and Margaret Cassidy. From the age difference it appears she may be Philips mother. Mathew contiued to live adjacent to Philip and aquired his farm after his death in 1860. After 1860 Matthew's family is intwined with the family of James Cassidy. We have conducted dna tests with a 3rd generation decended of Matthew and a 4th generation decendent of James and they are a close match. That with some other information we have leads us to believe that Matthew and James were brothers, or at the very least close cousins. The fact that Matthew was living with Mary Cassidy Dority suggests that they are related. (brother and sister?). Michael Dority and Mary Cassidy were married in Woodstock NB 23 October 1845. Both Matthew and James named a son Patrick. Matthew's son died in Houlton in 1924. James's son was living in PA in 1937 when his mother died. Do you know of any living male decendents of the older Patrick Cassidy born in Ireland about 1833 that would be willing to submit dna for comparisen? We went thru ancestry.com for our tests. I believe the elder Patrick is buried in St. Marys RC cemetery in Houlton. If you have further Question or information please feel free to cintact me. MJB, nee Cassidy

hopefully, between the three of us we can make some discoverys. chris

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 1:21PM GMT
No I have no Idea about the Patrick Cassidy. The one that lived in Holton. But someone has something wrong with the origianal James Cassidy He was Married to Elizabeth Moore she died in 1909 His son James Cassidy was married to Hanna Cloney who died in 1937. That would be My Grandfathers mother My Grandfather was Charles Albert Cassidy B. 1904. In the census it is weird eliza is both with her husband and listed at home the same age it was driving me crazy. then i found her death certificate that says she was the daughter of david moore and Ellen Mcgraw and the wife of James Cassidy so i finally added David Moore to the Tree. Did they give you information on who did these blood tests. I would like to get in touch with those familys.

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 3:41PM GMT
kim, i'm hoping to make it back to ottawa soon. the canadian national archive has a large micro film collection of the old new brunswick newspapers. which should have a guest list from my g-grandmothers wedding. which i'm hoping could shed some light. the other cassidy's youb can find through the officalcassidyclan message board. search maine bnmjb should be part of their address. chris

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 2:01AM GMT
Which Cassidy are you related to is it mary? I was reading some of your message boards. there is a Ethel Mary Clark that marries one of the William Cassidy that has me all confused at moment. If i go by the Cary ME Library data base he is related to my James Cassidy. after looking at all the other Cassidys. Its enough to boggle the mind. Hopefully my James Cassidy is really my James Cassidy.

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 6:10AM GMT
i desend from mary cassidy and michael doherty. the were married in woodstock, nb in 1845. i have them in Number 11, Aroostook, Maine in 1850. living with a mathew cassidy. in 1860 they are in Milford, Penobscot, Maine. by 1871 they are back in new brunswick.
i connect patrick cassidy of houlton, me. through his daughter ella m. who i believe is e.m. cassidy of houlton me. bridesmaid at my g-grandparents wedding in frederickton, nb. in 1895
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions