Search for content in message boards

hoare

Posted: 9 Nov 2010 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoare Shea
My gr-gr-gr-gr-geat grandfather was John Hoar he married a Elizabeth Shea.They lived in Dingle or Anascaul.They had 6 children that I have found.Catherine b about 1830,maurice who is my gr-gr-gr-grandfather b around 1832,elizabeth b around 1830,john b around 1836,bridgett b around 1838,micheal b around 1842.I think they came to america during the potato famine.They lived in chicoppee ma in 1850.If anyone has any info on Elizabeth Shea please contact me.All I know is she was born around 1800 in Ireland.

Re: hoare

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Connor; Hoar; Sugrue; Garvey; Coffey; Sullivan; Kelleher
In our family we have a Catherine Hoar/Hoare dau. of John Hoare and Elizabeth Shea but she married a Michael O'Conner/Connor 1852 in chicopee. Strange, because his mother's maiden name was also Catherine Hoar.
I didn't find anything on John Hoar so far, but found Michael Connor/O'Connor and Catherine in the 1860 census of Chicopee, Mass. 1870 Census there also, and later 1880 in Holyoke. Some of their children born Front Royal Virginia.
That is as far as I went so far. Yes, from Annascaul as most of this side of my family came from, and Clash.
Please contact me.
Susan

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hoare; O'Connor; Shea/Shay
I found this family in 1850 census of Hampden County Mass. and Elizabeth, the daughter of John Hoare might be the one who married Eugene Fitzgerald, but she died 1900.
After some more search I think her sister Catherine is connected to my family. Catherine married Michael O'Connor and they later moved to Holyoke, Mass. In the period between 1850 and 1860, the O'Connors were in Virginia and then came back to Mass, when Michael O'Connor joined the Union Army.
Let's exchange notes.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Brennan/Connor
This post was deleted by the author on 20 Jul 2014 6:52PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions