Search for content in message boards

Shea/Leary of Milltown district of Dingle, Kerry, Ireland

Shea/Leary of Milltown district of Dingle, Kerry, Ireland

Posted: 3 Jan 2011 8:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm trying to find family of my gggreat-grandparents Roger Shea & Margaret Leary. They were married in Dingle, Kerry in the Milltown district on 2 Aug 1849. They had six children that I know of: Ellen -1850, Bridget-1857, Catherine- 1859, John R.-1863, Margaret-1867 & Johanna-1869. All this I found on irishgenealogy.ie.

My ggrandfather John R. Shea married Bridget Moriarty in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA in 1894. Bridget's family was from Kerry, too. Her father was Patrick Moriarty & mother Mary Fitzgerald.

Ellen married a John Real in Dingle. He was from Ballymore.

I know others have been helped here, so I am hoping you will be able to help me. I'm visiting Ireland this March. I plan to do some searching there.
Thank you,
Debbie

Re: Shea/Leary of Milltown district of Dingle, Kerry, Ireland

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Shea, Kennedy, Noonan
If your Shea family crosses in to the Kennedy family I would be very interested in conversing with you.
John Shea m. Bridget Kennedy. At least 2 children... Mary (1846)& John

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: Shea and Leary
Debbie....They are also my great grandparents. No gg grandparents. Catherine Shea was the mother of my grandfather Edward McGowan. I have more info if you are interested. For example, Roger Dhea was married previously to a Catherine Kennedy, and they had a child Michael Shea. It appears she died soon after the birth of the child, as three or four years later he married 'argaret. Margaret was still living in Milltown in 1901 in the 9th house on the commons of Milltown. I c an give you a few more details if you are interested. Do you live near Springfield? I live in Longmeadow.

Marybeth

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 1:46AM GMT
Hi Marybeth,
I sent you a message on your tree.
/Debbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic