Search for content in message boards

PROBST and NOLTY's in Lewis & Carter Counties

PROBST and NOLTY's in Lewis & Carter Counties

JEANNIE MAINES (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Probst, Nolty, Cotcamp, Osborne, Fultz, Plummer, Thomas
Is there anyone out there that is researching or has any relationship with the Probst family in Camp Dix area of Lewis Co. Is anyone related to the Nolty's of Carter
Co. I have direct relationships to both families. Some of the Nolty's are buried at Smith's Creek, Carter Co. I believe the cemetery is the Nolty Cem. Names are: Wm. Fredrick Nolty & wife Catherine Hulsman Nolty. Charles Henry Probst is buried in Kinninnick. Can anyone help me find these lost relatives?

Dora & Wm. M. Kottcamp

Jeannie Maines (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nolty, Kottcamp, Probst
Mary,

Received your message. I would appreciate any information that you might have on these families. I am a direct decendent of Wm. Frederick & Anna Catherine (Hulsman) Nolty.
Their daughter Anna married my Great-grandfather August Probst. I don't have very much on either the Nolty's or the
Probst.

Thank You,

Jeannie Maines

Dora and Wm. M Kottcamp

Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2003 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Cooley, Smith, Sparks, Madden, Horsley, Jordan, Zornes, Bloomfield
I have some ifo on this couple and the Kottcamp family if you are interested. They aren't my direct line but I added them to my files for my aunt. If so email me and I will send what I have.

Dora

Posted: 3 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Probst, Nolty
Donna,
Thanks for your information. I had it that Dora was born in
Holland. I also have her Mother's last name as HULSMAN. That
is pretty close. I am going down to Carter & Lewis Co. this
Sunday, if the weather stays nice. We are about 200 miles from there, so we can make to there & back in a day. Do you
know if the Nolty's are buried in both the Arm's as well as
the Nolty Cem. down there? Will checkup on Lizzie. I didn't
even have her down anywhere.

Thanks,
Jeannie
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Nolte, Crump
I am a direct descendent of Dora Nolte. Here is the information I have.
Dora Nolte Oct. 17, 1850 Sandeback Germany died Aug. 9, 1937 Grassy Creek Carter Co., d/o William Fred Nolte (Mar. 10, 1819 Sandeback Germany died Feb 6, 1895 Ruggles Ky) and Anna Catherine Gulsman or Hulsman (Sep 6, 1824 Germany died Apr. 10, 1898 Ruggles KY) Dora also had a sister Anna Katherine NOLTY b. May 18, 1860 who married Gus Probst and a brother Ralph B. Nolty b. Jan. 26, 1863.

Dora apparently was married to a man named Crump by which she had two daughters Lizzie and Emma Laura. Emma Laura was to become my g-grandmother. We do not know what become of Lizzie. She (Dora) then married William M. Kottkamp on Sept. 1, 1869. We have William being the son of Freidrich Wilhelm Kottkamp and Catherine Hobank . Then we have the following children: Minnie Cotcamp, William Cotcamp, Anna V. Cotcamp, Emma Katherine Cotcamp, Fred W. Cotcamp, and Dora B. Cotcamp.

Our big problem is finding out when Dora married Mr. Crump? And what happened to Lizzie who may have been Emma Laura's twin. Given that she was born in 1850, she would had to have been very young when she had these girls. I hope I have helped some. Donna (lambert_ferguson@hotmail.com)

Dora

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nolty, Kottcamp
Sorry about your Mother. Will be here when you can get back on line.

Jeannie
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Nolte, Kottkamp
Thanks for responding so quickly. I hope you find out some more on this family. With so many first and second marriages it sometimes gets confusing. I have also seen the Hulsman surname but I have seen the Gulsman more often. They are close but maybe your trip will solve this mystery. I have pictures of Dora's daughter Emma Laura (both young and old) I will share them with you if you keep in touch and have patience. My family is going through a difficult time. My Mother is seriously ill (in fact is in the hsopital now). She is 80 and is suffering among other things with congestive heart failure. So please keep in touch and let me know what you find. Maybe one of these days I will be able to travel and do old fashioned research. Right now I must be content with internet research. Thank you so much. Donna

cooley, jordan family

Posted: 28 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: cooley, jordan, collins, fox
Thought I would take a long shot and see if you have any info of Eunice M Jordan m to William L Cooley in Pike Co, Arkansas in 1919. Her brother was Joe and her sister was Eugenia. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kotcamp

Jeannie L. Maines (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nolty, Probst, Kotcamp
Mary,

I went to the Nolty/Arm's Cem. in Carter Co. Took pictures of all tombstones there. What do you know about cemeteries
in Lewis Co.?

Jeannie

Emma Laura

Jeannie L. Maines (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cotcamp, Nolty, Probst
Hi, I'm back,

Do you know what became of Emma Laura? She m. Wm. "Pat"
Parker. Don't know what became of her.
What do you know about Lewis Co. cemeteries?

Jeannie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions