Search for content in message boards

Australian Would Appreciate Help with Obituary

Australian Would Appreciate Help with Obituary

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 4:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Youmans
My great aunt and an uncle died in Coeur d*alene. I would like to obtain their obituaries, and would really appreciate assistance.
Dorothy Youmans died on 13th of October 1997 and Kenneth Youmans died in April 1979.
Personal email westwardfrontier@yahoo.com
cheers!

Re: Australian Would Appreciate Help with Obituary

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 1:28AM GMT
Hi,
Contact Random Acts Genealogical Kindness. Go to raogk.org, read guidelines, choose Idaho, choose Kootenai Co. and choose one volunteer. Successful Searching!

Re: Australian Would Appreciate Help with Obituary

Posted: 12 Nov 2010 1:02AM GMT
I'll go look that up for you this weekend. I don't like referring you elsewhere all the time instead of helping you.

Kenneth M. Youmans

Posted: 13 Nov 2010 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Kenneth M. Youmans, 56, of 220 Mill Ave., died Tuesday at a local hospital.

Born October 25, 1922 at Kellogg, ID, he served in the Navy during WWII and had been employed with the state highway department since 1946. He was a maintenance supervisor at the time of his death.

He married Elizabeth Magath on October 25, 1946 in Coeur d’ Alene, ID.

He was a member of the Methodist Church, the Coeur d’ Alene Eagles, DAV and former member of the VFW.

Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth, at the home, a son, Tom Youmans, Coeur d’ Alene; a daughter, Mrs. Dorothy Green, Manhattan Beach, CA; his mother, Mrs. Dorothy Youmans, Coeur d’ Alene, ID; a brother, Bill Youmans of Coeur d’ Alene and three grandchildren.

Services are pending at English Funeral Chapel.

The Coeur d’ Alene Press, Wednesday April 11, 1979 Page 16 Column 1

A graveside service will be Saturday at 1 pm at Riverview section of Forest Cemetery with Rev. Al Aosved officiating. Friends who wish may contribute to the heart fund or the charity of their choice. English funeral chapel in charge of arrangements.

The Coeur d’ Alene Press April 12, 1979 Page 16 Column 1

Dorothy Youmans

Posted: 13 Nov 2010 6:35PM GMT
Dorothy Youmans, 95, of Coeur d’ Alene died Monday October 13, 1997 at home.

She was born July 5, 1902 in Medical Lake, WA to Paul and Elizabeth (Brawley) Hyde. The family moved to Half Round Bay and later to Carlin Bay (Lake Coeur d’ Alene)where she was raised. She moved to Coeur d’ Alene to attend business school, then worked at a hardware store where she met her husband. They were married in 1921 in Coeur d’ Alene. For several years during the summers in the 1940s she cooked for the state forestry fire crews in LaGrand, OR.

A homemaker, she enjoyed needle work, seweing and gardening.

She was a member of the Coeur d’ Alene Eagles Auxiliary.

Survivors include son, William Freeman Youmans, Coeur d’ Alene; sisters, “Pat” Dixon, Ontario, OR and Marie Coulson, Columbia Falls, MT; grandchildren, Thomas Youmans and Dorothy Shaw, four great grandchildren and one great great grandchild

She was preceded in death by her husband May 4, 1971, son Kenneth in 1979, sisters Helen King and Frances Fudge and brother Sheldon Hyde.

Visitation is 2 – 5 pm Friday at English Funeral Chapel, Coeur d’ Alene. Graveside service will be 1 pm Saturday at Forest Cemetery.

The Coeur d’ Alene Press Wednesday October 15, 1997 Page A2 Column 2

Clarence F. Youmans

Posted: 13 Nov 2010 6:36PM GMT
Clarence F. Youmans, 72, home at 1816 N 7th St died May 4th. Funeral service pending at English Funeral Chapel.

The Coeur d’ Alene Press Wednesday May 5, 1971 Page 12 Col 2

Page 12 Column 4:

Clarence F. Youmans, 72, 1816 N 7th St a resident of the Coeur d’ Alene area since childhood died Tuesday at Kootenai Memorial Hospital after a short illness.

Born September 24, 1898 he married the former Dorothy Hyde at Coeur d’ Alene in 1920. He was occupied as a forester in the area.

He was a member of the Coeur d’ Alene Eagles Lodge.

He is survived by his wife at the home; two sons, Kenneth M Youmans and William F. Youmans both of Coeur d’ Alene; two great grandchildren, Dorothy Connors, Moscow, ID and Tom Youmans of Coeur d’ Alene and two great grandchildren.

Services are pending at English Funeral Chapel.

Clarence F. Youmans, 72, resided at 1816 N 7th St Coeur d’ Alene died May 4th. Funeral Services will be 1:30 pm Saturday at English Funeral Chapel. Rev. H. G. Wapstra officiating. Burial will be in Forest Cemetery.

The Coeur d’ Alene Press Thursday May 6, 1971 Page 14 Column 1

Re: Clarence F. Youmans

Posted: 13 Nov 2010 7:05PM GMT
Just received all the obituaries !

Thank you so much for your interest, and especially for your time !

Now I have some answers, and also some new questions !

cheers,
Le Roy

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 2:40AM GMT
No Problem, Le Roy. If you need anything else, just let me know. Happy hunting!

Posted: 2 Nov 2013 6:34AM GMT
Are you still researching the Youmans family? Dorothy Ester (Hyde) Youmans was my Grandmother. Married to Clarence Freemont Youmans and Kenneth Mason Youmans was my father. Kenneth's brother, William Freeman Youmans passed away 2 weeks ago.

I have recently started researching our ancestry too and as you know, one answer leads to more questions
Regards,
Dorothy
forestdoe@hotmail.com

Posted: 2 Nov 2013 8:53AM GMT
greetings Dorothy

I will reply on your private email address,
so good to hear from you !
cheers,
Le Roy English
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions