Search for content in message boards

Simms/Green

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Simms, Green
Need to straighten out a Simms and Green problem.
Harry W. Newman in his book MD SEMMES & KINDRED FAMILIES p 7 has Electius Simms 17--1752
son of Anthony Simmes and his wife was b in Charles Co. About Feb 1733/34 he married Virlinda the widow of John Sanders who had died testate in Charles Co. 1732.
Children of Electius and Virlinda Sanders
Joseph b 1733
Winifred b 1735
goes on to have the last child b 1752.

Problem: p 142, Newman has:
Verlinda Green b 1692 married Thomas Sanders
(Verlinda dau of Francis Green 1648-1707) and Eliz.

This Verlinda is born too early to have been the mother of most of the children of Electius Simms. Anyone know of a different dates or different Verlinda or??
Thanks.
mary Ann
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Simms
Forgot to add, No, Electius did not have a son John.
Children were: Joseph, Winifred, Edward, Ignatius, Anthony, Sarah, Mary, & Verlinda.
Mary Ann
Surnames: Simms
The book is MARYLAND SEMMES AND KINDRED FAMILIES, by Harry Wright Newman.
If you live in Maryland you can probably find this at the major libraries. The library in Ft Wayne IN I would think might have such.
Possibly find it thru library loan?
Mary Ann

Simmes/Sims

Edited: 9 Sep 2001 3:08PM GMT
Can you tell me where to find this book on Electus Simmes. Do you know if Electus had a son named John? Thanks
Posted: 5 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2003 9:27PM GMT
I am showing that Verlinda McAtee born 1692 in Charles Co., Md was the wife of Thomas Sanders and Electius Semmes. I used the "MD Semmes" and "Semmes America" as the source for most of my Semmes/Simms information. I don't know the actual source for the McAtee name. I would suggest it probably came from "Semmes America" written by Anderson Humphries and Curt Guenther. This is a magnificent book.

After reading your response I almost added another child to Electius and Verlinda. I though you were saying that they had a daughter named Mary Ann. Your not dealing with any ordinary dummy here. I have spent years perfecting my technique and feel I am now an extraordinary dummy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions