Search for content in message boards

John F Harris

John F Harris

Posted: 19 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Apr 2002 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS
Looking for any information on John F. HARRIS and his family/descendants. He moved to Sumner county around 1817 from Albermarle county, Virginia. He is mentioned in local literature as having built a home in Castalion Springs which later became known as the "Jim Swaney house". I believe one of his wives was Elizabeth (Ayers) and his sons included James T, Reuben Brown, John D, Josephus R and Thomas who all lived in the Sumner/Trousdale county area for many years. I think he may have died some time in the 1850's. ANY advice or suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated. I would also consider speaking to someone locally about doing research at the archives or libraries. Feel free to e-mail me directly.

Re: John F Harris

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2003 6:23PM GMT
Are you related to Kate Harris who married George Streiff, I think, in MO?

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 2:51AM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2002 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Meredith:

Yes, I am Kate's grandson. She married George Streiff in Newton, Kansas and they lived in Wichita, Kansas where my father, Patrick Harris Streiff was born and he also married there and had his own family including me. I currently live in Kansas City, Kansas. Are you related to Kate? Look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to e-mail me at pdstreiff@email.com

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 6:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I am currently doing geneology research on the Harris family. Researchers have found reference to where my ancestors both lived and were buried on Swaney land listed as slave grave yard in Sumner county. It is believed through research that they were once owned by your descendent John Harris.As this research continue i'll gladely share that information.E.M.Harris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions