Search for content in message boards

Ashton Family

Ashton Family

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I would like to find some info on Bevan Ashton or Herbert Morgan Bevan Ashton B. 1874 Devon,England. Bevan died in Banff and buried in the Banff Cem in 1940 along with his wife Marion in 1943. Bevan was a Masseur in banff around 1905-1940. What I would like to know if he was employed by the Bannf hotel or if he had his own shop or ran a spa??? Also if there is an obit for both of them. They had one son Phillip Bevan Ashton, B 1909.

Thanks for your help
Regards
Cathy

Re: Ashton Family

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 5:16PM GMT
See http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/loc_hist/page.aspx?id=2002025

Bevan Ashton is mentioned about half way down the page.

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 7:55PM GMT
Hi Brian,
Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Could you tell me if this sanitarium was for people that had TB? Would you be able to send me a picture of the building? Could you find an obit for Bevan Ashton who died in 1940 in Banff? This article you sent me is just fantastic. Any other info would be great too.
Regards
Cathy

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 9:54PM GMT
Obituary-The Calgary Harald 25 Nov. 1940 page 11: Bevan Ashton Funeral services for Bevan Ashton, age 66, of Banff who was found frozen to death near the administration buildings, Banff, last Tursday were held at the Masonic Hall, Banff on Friday at 2:30 o'clock with Rev. Canon Tully Montgomery officiating. Masonic services were held both at the hall and graveside. Interment was in the Banff Cemetery. Banff Funeral Services was in charge, supervised by Jacques funeral home.

There several other articles and if you contact me directly I can better explain to you how to access them.

bwstephens@hotmail.com

Brian

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions