Search for content in message boards

Lookup Request - St Louis Newspaper Article (1906)

Lookup Request - St Louis Newspaper Article (1906)

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edler
I am based in the UK and am carrying out research for an academic thesis. I have a transcription of a report of the death of a young child named Kenneth W. Edler, who died in St Louis on 25 July 1906, having fallen from a window. His parents were Sheldon and Jennie Edler. The transcript does not have any source details, and I am very keen to get a copy of the actual article. It must be from a St Louis publication, but I do not know which. I wondered if anybody might be prepared to carry out a search for this article on my behalf. I would also be interested in any other articles relating to this incident.

Any assistance would be very gratefully received.

Simon

Re: Lookup Request - St Louis Newspaper Article (1906)

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 12:32AM GMT
The St. Louis Republic, Feb 16, 1902
Weddings:
Miss Jennie E. Burroughs and Mr. Sheldon E. Edler were married at Chicago on January 21.
--Also found in Cook County, IL marriage records.
--This was the only newspaper article I could find on this family...US Wide in these old newspapers. There may have been a paper that wasn't filmed.

One family tree shows Sheldon, no dates; married to Jennie Burroughs, no dates; daughter Martha Helen Edler, born 1908, died 10/19/1929, married Luther Lee White, born 24 Nov 1895, died 9 Dec 1960 Arcadia Valley, no further location info. Their daughter Jennie Estelle White, born 12 April 1929, Ironton, Iron Co, Missouri, died December 23 ,2011, Ironton. Married Norman Amasa Vaugh, 1925-2010.

In 1910, the "Shelton" Jennie and Martha family were in Greenville, Hunt Co, TX, Martha shown as born in Illinois. Shelton and Jennie, both 28, married 8 years. Jennie mother of 3/3 living. Charles, age 6, born in IL, Martha 1; Bob(sic), daughter, 2/12, born in TX. Shelton born in NY, Jennie in Missouri to both parents born in NY.

By 1920, Charles and Martha were living on their own.

The 1920 Census of the St. Louis City Sanitarium
Jennie Edler, age 39, born in Missouri to both parents born in NY.
While this person matches criteria information, there is no proof.

Re: Lookup Request - St Louis Newspaper Article (1906)

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 12:45AM GMT
Try the St. Louis Public Library. Go to item #13 and click on ReferenceDesk. I think they might be able to send you a jpg if they find the article.

http://www.slpl.lib.mo.us/libsrc/geneinfo.htm
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions