Search for content in message boards

SKENE, SKEEN, SKEENS, KISER, BUSH, SARGENT

SKENE, SKEEN, SKEENS, KISER, BUSH, SARGENT

Posted: 13 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2002 12:31PM GMT

Stephen Sargent SKEEN and Suzannah KISER had 18 children in Russell Co., VA, and one of them - James SKEEN(S), b. Jun 28, 1815, married Francis Ann BUSH, b. abt 1816 Scott Co. VA. Their children Thomas Henry, Margaret E., Virginia E., James Melvin (Sep 13, 1846), and Daniel were born in Russell Co., before the family went to Elliott Co. KY between 1850 and 1853. This is my husban's family, and I would like to share info with any descendants. Parents of Stephen were Peter SKEEN/SKENE and Sarah SARGENT.h SARGENT.

Re: SKENE, SKEEN, SKEENS, KISER, BUSH, SARGENT

Julie Adams (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

You might want to check out the Bush family website. This site has all Bush family members of Russell Co. and many many other surnames back to the 1700's

Stephen Sergent

Melinda Sargent (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sargent, Sergent
I don't if we're in the same Sargent lineage, but I would love to share information. I have a rather in depth file. Most of my Sargent's lived in Kentucky in 1800's. The one's that are most closely related, now reside in Wise Co., VA. If you want to forward your info., let me know via email and I will email my file(s) to you.

a relocated Sargent (Louisa Co., VA)
- of the Guest River Sargent's
Melinda Sargent

SARGENT/SKEEN

Posted: 7 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2002 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: SARGENT, SKEEN, KISER, GOLD
I have a Stephan Sargent SKEEN who married Susanna KISER from Russell CO,VA. They are my ggggreat grandparents. His parents were Peter SKEEN and Sarah SARGENT. Sarah's parents were Stephen Sargent and Margaret GOLD. Are they any relation to yours?

Sergents to MI?

Sue Bromley (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Did any of your Sergents move to Michigan? I am looking for Joseph Sergent, born about 1825. He married unknown Beers and had Frank, Liby and Sarah Francis. Sarah married in 1874 in Saginaw Co, Michigan.

Re: Stephen Sergent

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 6:32AM GMT
Were any of the Sergent's you have information on from Letcher County? My great grand father's name was Stephen Sergent. I would appreciate any information you might have about him.

Posted: 23 Aug 2006 6:32PM GMT
I don't know if we are from same linage,ARE any of your SARGENT's from Tazewell,Co,VA??

Posted: 25 May 2009 4:25AM GMT
My grandfather was John Franklin Sergent, b.06 Dec 1869, Dungannon, VA; d. 14 Dec 1956, Gate City, VA. His parents were Forrest Sergent, b. 28 Oct 1841 Dungannon; d.28 Apr 1926 Gate City, and Paulina V. Porter b. 13 Apr 1846; d. 14 Feb 1933. Forrest's parents were Travis Sergent, b. 1805, Virginia; d. 1885 and Francis Powers, b. 1816 Virginia d. 1896. Travis's father was William Sergeant, b. abt 1780 in North Carolina. I would love to find info on these people if anyone wants to share and I will share other info I have.

Posted: 27 May 2009 4:14PM GMT
Surnames: Fuller
If you can get on Ancestry. Com you can probably find out Sargent info. If not send me your email address because I have some Sargent info I found couple years ago on the internet. My 4th great grandfather Abraham Fuller married Mary Sargent in Orange Co. NC. My email address is cafuller@embarqmail.com

Re: SKENE, SKEEN, SKEENS, KISER, BUSH, SARGENT

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Cyrus,Parker, Martin, Houchins,Whaley,Skeens,Booher,Story
Was filling out my tree and began exploring.

Thomas Skeens is a kin. Russell County Skeens. Virginia Booher-Skeens remarried a Pleasants. Russell/Wise County Skeens, she moved to Washington County, Virginia. She was 1/2 eastern band Cherokee, (ever heard of her?)
Their daughter Hattie is my Grandma.

Mom said A Frank Skeens in in the tree.

When I became a pastor and moved to Ohio, I was playing around on here, and found out the Russell County Skeens went to Ripley West Virginia Area and Boy, they were rounders! Kinda like Hatfield and McCoy types! One acted like he was sick and they shot a guy. The Russellites is what the people called them and they were not well thought of there. Frank Skeens left WV and came back to Russell County. But, there are still Skeens in Ripley WV. I was passing through there and saw a lawyers business door with the name Skeens, So i guess they "reformed" themselves haha.

Be careful what you find about ancestors on the net, you might be kin to cattle rustlers hahaha.

I have looked up our tartan and motto, we have a proud Scottish Highland heritage, ALL skeens according to the information that i found come from 2 Skeens who came pre revolutionary war into the New Jersey area. Who knows, maybe they were on that same boat with the "Preslars" and Tim MCGraw's people. haha ( do You watch the NBC Show which uses this site?)

Sincerely, Pastor mary in Highlnad Ohio now.

Summers County/Fayette County Roots WV.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic