Deuel

Posted: 9 Sep 2006 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jun 2010 1:13AM GMT
Looking for decendents of Franklin Deuel and Nancy Bowen
Posted: 9 Mar 2007 9:01AM GMT
Surnames: Deuel
Do you have more specific dates and places where Franklin Deuell was born?

Re: Deuell

Posted: 9 Mar 2007 11:11PM GMT
Franklin was born in 1830 in Monroe County, NY. and was married to Nancy Bowen. Their children were Alfred, Francis, Bradford (my Great-grandfather), Lockwood, Alden, and Bertha. The 1860 census lists them living at Ogden, Monroe Co., NY. The 1850 census lists Franklin living at home. His parents were Arnold & Elizabeth living at Clarkson, Monroe Co. NY.
Posted: 9 Mar 2007 11:42PM GMT
Thank you for replying so fast. So far, I have only been researching in Saratoga County and Washington County.

At the USGenweb site for Washington County, New York,Quaker marriages, I did find a few BOWEN names. I don't remember if they were witnesses to the ceremonies or main participants because I was looking for DEUEL, ELDRIDGE, DENNIS, AND ALLEN names. Perhaps that site may have more information.

I do have the wonderful Devol book (Devol was the way William spelled his name when he came from England in 1630.) It is also spelled Davol, Duel, Dewell, Deuel, and Dee. You can order a copy from: Julia Lambert, 2 Edgewood Court, Chillicothe, OH 45601. It costs $92 but is well worth it. The book has over 700 pages. I have found the book very helpful when I have found a Deuel and didn't know where they fit into the family.

The Devol book lists a FRANKLIN MORRIS DUELL, b.Kirkwood, Broome County, New York, 28 May 1908, d. Binghamton, New York, Sep 1979. He is married to Carrie Mae Hoyt, b. Afton, Chenango County, New York, 4 Aug 1913. Could this be the faher of your FRANKLIN DEUELL ? How far apart are the counties?

There are also 2 entries for BOWEN females. If you are interested, I'll send them to you.

Sincerely,
Florence W. Moran
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions