Search for content in message boards

Are all Lapierres related?

Are all Lapierres related?

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 12:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know how many original Lapierre families came to Canada? I know of Francois Lapierre of Acadia.

I'm particularly interested in Lapier(re)s on the south side of the St Lawrence, in the vicinity of St. Hyacinthe, circa 1800. Are they all related?

Debbi

Objet : Are all Lapierres related?

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 11:25PM GMT
I have much information for Lapierre family .....Meunier dit Lapierre from Sorel and Ste-Rosalie..St-Hyacinthe...in Québec...and research for the Lapierre Meunier dit Lapierre from Massachusets in U.S.A
You can write to horse_bandit@videotron.ca ...
Thanks
Michel

Re: Are all Lapierres related?

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: La Pierre
My La Pierre family (on my mom's side) came from Quebec into St. Lawrence County around that time. I know there are many cousins out there. I only know a couple. I have a good deal of info on the family that settled in Canton thanks to my cousin Barry.

Re: Objet : Are all Lapierres related?

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 1:35AM GMT
I have traced this particular branch of the Lapier(re)s back to:
Joseph Lapier, bc 1803 Lower Canada (The family Bible said St Hyacinthe). He was married to Elizabeth, bc 1799 in England, died 19 Dec 1875 Williamsburg Twp., Ont. They were in Matilda Twp., Dundas Co., Ont. for the 1851 census with children Joseph (bc 1836), Sophia (bc 1838), James (bc 1840) and Mary (bc1842). All children were born Upper Canada and were W. Methodist, like their mother. Joseph was R. Catholic.

The 1851 census also includes Peter Lapier, bc 1802, with his wife Sophia in Osnabruck Twp., and Solomon Lapier, bc 1815 Quebec, living in Williamsburg Twp. Possibly brothers of Joseph.

Haven't had any luck tracing the family back further.

Debbi

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 12:08AM GMT
As far as I could find out, Francois De Laroche ( dit Lapierre ) was the only immigrant to Canada.

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 2:36AM GMT
Thanks. I understand Lapierres fled Acadia to Quebec, New Brunswick and PEI. As well, some were relocated in the vicinity of West Chezzetcook & Grand Desert, across the harbour from Halifax.

The assistant at the Annapolis Heritage Society Genealogy Centre suggested researching Lapierres at the Admiral Digby Museum, Digby, Nova Scotia. I wasn't able to get there, but perhaps someone else might find it useful.

Debbi

Objet : Are all Lapierres related?

Posted: 10 Feb 2010 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: Meunier....meunier dit Lapierre....and ...Lapierre
I think there are several Lapierre, who came to Canada line .... I made genealogy of Meunier dit Lapierre .... The first is Pierre Meunier, who married Barbe Richaume said Petrus, in Montreal (Quebec, Canada ) 12 octobre1675 ....
His descendants are ... .... Meunier ..Meunier dit Lapierre ...and Lapierre .... ....
My family Meunier dit Lapierre or Lapierre live in Quebec, Canada in the region St-Hyacinthe, Beloeil .... .... .... Vercheres ....Varennes ...
I have more difficulty to find some information concerning the children of Francois-Xavier Meunier said Lapierre, who married Louise Chagnon, January 31, 1826 to Vercheres, (Quebec) and children of Francois-Xavier Meunier said Lapierre, who married Charlotte Poitras; 18 October 1852 to Longeuil; Quebec ..... Their child was born to Beloeil; ... Saint-Hyacinthe ... and Ste-Rosalie ....
I have problems because many will make their lives in the United States .... ... Connecticut ... Massachusetts and other ......
If some of you have some information about them it would be great ... contact me and I can give you their names and birth dates ...
Excuse my English because I speak french

My email address is .. horse_bandit@videotron.ca

Thank you

Mchele Lauzon....St-Jérome; Québec; Canada

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 11:49AM GMT
Classification: Bible
I know my father's ancestors came from France, 4 brothers, they settled in Matilda township as well. They were basically kicked out of France for being french protestants..I believe its known as Hugonauts?? They settled there and bascially stayed in that area, I will check with my dad as I don't know the names..but i do know there are lots of Lapier's and Lapierre's still living in that area, in fact, we are having the 1st ever reunion this summer!

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lapierre
My great grandmother was Ellen Lapier (LaPierre, LaPier, Lapierre) born 1858, married to Alexander Mathieson Paul in 1877 and immigrated to Wisconsin in 1881. I'm know she had a sister named Ann and a brother named Peter, probably more siblings, but that is all that I know of. I would be grateful if anyone can help me in my search. I am particularly interested in the native Indian that is in the Lapiere line.
hoping to hear
my email address is sftbalmom31@yahoo.com

Posted: 28 Jul 2010 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Lapierre
My Great - Great Grandmother was Irene ( Mary Ellen )Lapierre from Allumette Island,Quebec who was married to George Albert Kilby - any info on this family tree line would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions