Search for content in message boards

Pentrich revolution descendants

Pentrich revolution descendants

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Rawson, Godber, Bacon, Buxton, Bettison, Onion, Turner, Brassington, Hill, MacKeswick, Hunt, Weightman
I am researching the Pentrich revolution convicts, they are, Joseph Rawson, 1782-1821, Josiah Godber 1753-1822, John Bacon 1768-1828, Thomas Bacon 1753-1831, German Buxton 1786-1835, Thomas Bettison 1782-1835, John Onion 1768-1840, Joseph Turner 1799-1840, Edward Turner 1783-1841, George Brassington 1784-1846, John Hill 1786-1849, John MacKesswick 1779-1853, Samuel Hunt 1793-1858, George Weightman 1791-1865

All were transported 1818 for their part in the Revoution, I do have some info on on these men, mostly transportation details and musters, but am searching for anything from the censuses as I can't get the Australian ones here in England, and any descendants, Sylvia

Re: Pentrich revolution descendants

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 1:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: buxton grebby
hi i just came across you message i think that german is in my tree he was deported to australia for life after he changed his plea from not guily to guilty. my email address is agrebby@talktalk.net if you or anyone wlse would like to contact me.

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 12:15PM GMT
Hi

I am investigating George Brassington and his possible daughter Eliza Brassigton bc 1811 (my Great great Grandmother) who married William Birks 24 March 1834. If you have any information on George Brassington's family before his transportation I would be most interested.

Regards

john

Posted: 19 May 2010 6:49PM GMT
Hiya, John

Good to heard from you, and sorry to take so long to answer, i only just found you message, I have un-certified but reasonable information that George married Hannah Taylor (of the Taylor pentrich revolutionaries) in 1810 , the only children I had found were Oliver 1816 (male) and Oliver 1816 (female) so they were either twins and a mis-spelling of Olivia, or it had been entered twice, once as male and once as female

I am still stuck on researching the Ludlams, (on whose tree George and Hannah make an entrance, as the Taylors also marrid into the Ludlams) each time i try to start the next tree i get dragged back to the Ludlams,

With the exception of 3 families all of the Revolutionaries were related

I would be very interested in adding your bit of info to the project, if you are interested please get in touch again, or to my home email address sylviamason@uwclub.net, and i can tell you more about the project

many thanks

Sylvia

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 1:31PM GMT
Hi,
I am a descendant of Josiah Godber, I know he died in Sydney but I would have to go through my late sister's research to see how he fits into my family tree.

Roger.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 5:13PM GMT
Hiya John

I have aquired a copy of George's signature if you would like me to email it let me know

Sylvia

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 5:17PM GMT
Hiya Roger

Good to hear form you, I do have a bit on Josiah and I also have a copy of his signature, would live to hear from you and add you to the Godber tree, for more information on the Project that i am doing please look at the website I am setting up

http://www.spanglefish.com/PentrichRevolution/

and please get back to me

Many thanks

Sylvia

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 11:45PM GMT
Hi Sylvia

Thanks for the message. I would be most interested to see George Brassington's signature. You can reply to my personal e-mail john_e_hopkinson@yahoo.co.uk if that is more convenient.

Best wishes

John

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 9:46AM GMT
Hi
I am a decendant of Josiah Godber. My cousin Malcom Godber has traced the tree in some detail. I have a copy of Josiah's letters that are held at the National Library of Australia. I migrated to Australa in the 1980s but Josiah had no children here. However, it is good to know I am not the first to come to the wide brown land.
elisa
(Gold Coast Qld)

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 10:29AM GMT
Hiya Eliza

Nice to hear from you, I am doing a project for the bi-centenary of the revolution if you care to join, i will post a link of my 'new' website so you can read and see what I am doing, and then let me know if you care too join in the project

Would love to have you on board

http://www.spanglefish.com/PentrichRevolution/

I do have several other Godber contacts but the more the better :)

Sylvia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic