Search for content in message boards

Does anyone have Indian Blood in their Smith Line ? Ill, Tenn, Ky.

Does anyone have Indian Blood in their Smith Line ? Ill, Tenn, Ky.

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 25 Sep 2002 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I'm searching to see if Smith's had Indian Blood in them ..My grand-mother was one half as I've been told..I'm looking for others that may have Indian in them..please e-mail me direct at kathytindle@yahoo.com

Re: Does anyone have Indian Blood in their Smith Line ? Ill, Tenn, Ky.

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SMITH, ROSS
My Smith line in NC is supposedly part Cherokee. I haven't been able to prove or disprove this yet.

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 2:41AM GMT
This is a new site and doesn't have a lot of information as of yet, but you might want to keep checking, it could help.
http://www.us-census.org/native/index.html

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 2:08PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 5:47PM GMT
Yes my grandmother's mother Leano Lee Smith from Okla.
Was part Indain.

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 2:57PM GMT
No one hardly mention the Indian in their line and I'm looking for that to..see my post on Smith who I'm looking for. Thank you for letting me know, but this name doesn't connect so far.

lillian (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2001 12:55PM GMT
Surnames: Smith,Coleson,Masterson,Cooper
Our family is from the Indiana and Michigan state line area,,,,,,,,,,,,don't know very much about that side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,email,,,willow358@home.com

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 4:56AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2002 8:56PM GMT
I am looking for Smith's with Cherokee blood. Story has it that my husband's great grandmother, Flista Surilda Smith, b. 1874, married in about 1892 to Edward Thomas Burnham,b.1871 was of Cherokee blood. Story was that two brothers came here from Ireland during the great potato famine of about 1840, and one of them married a Cherokee woman. I do not know where that fits into Surilda's line--If that was her father or grandfather. But the Indian look has traveled through the lines in my husband's family. And who knows where the Smith's went. I am also a Smith and my ancestors came from Alabama and Tennessee---and from Ireland. MY line of Smith's were Barton Brooks Smith, two of whom were doctors. Brooks Smith is supposed to have come from Ireland on my side.

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 11:04AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, ROSS
I've found an old family record that says "Father of Harmon Ross, John Ross, lived at Kernersville; married the Indian January 1, 1843. Andrew Jackson was President."
Family tradition says that "the Indian" was Cherokee. Harmon Ross was my Great-Grandmother Ellen Ross Smith's father.

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 1:49PM GMT
Hi, I don't have these names in my info, thank you for e-mailing me and I will check to see if anyone else has these names.

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 1:56PM GMT
I don't have Cherokee in my line that I know of...but I do have POTAWTOMI Indian (if I spelled that right) on my Freeman history that I have..Thank you for writting, but I don't have these names in my line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions