Search for content in message boards

WADKINS/WATKINS

WADKINS/WATKINS

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: WADKINS
Hi, I am in search of AMBROSE WADKINS. He was born around 1846 Ky. He was shown in the household of Thomas Wadkins on the 1860 Magoffin Co. Ky census. I believe he had a brother Robert. I believe that their mother's name was Elizabeth ? Ambrose and Robert married Martha and Rhoda Lawson, sisters and daughters of Mark Lawson and Caroline Hale. Ambrose may have another name. I am trying to find out who his parents and family were and the connection to Thomas Wadkins. If anyone has any info that could help me with this line, I would appreciate your ideas and help. Thank you. Becky

Robert Watkins ABT 1838 in MS

Vickie Davis (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Watkins
I am looking for any information on a Robert Watkins. I have found him on the 1850 census of Jasper County MS. He was 12 years old when this census was done. I do know he was living with a Moses Watkins, Mary Watkins, A. Jackson Watkins,and Thomas Watkins. If you have any information on any of these people please email me I would like to talk with you.

ROBERT WADKINS

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: WADKINS, LAWSON, HALE, SHEPHERD, GRAY
Hi, The Robert that I have was born abt. 1849 and is believed to be the son of Thomas Wadkins , Jr. and Lucinda Howard. He married Rhoda F. Lawson, daughter of Mark Lawson. She had a sister Martha who married Ambrose Wadkins, who I believe is the brother of Robert. You mentioned MS. On one of the census, I recall Ambrose stating that his father was born in MS. I have found nothing to support this as of yet. I wish you luck in your search , as I know how the chase for my Wadkins line has been! Becky

Moody Watkins and Nancy Elizabeth Watkins Shepherd

Posted: 9 Jan 2007 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Shepherd, Watkins
I am searching for the parents of Nancy Elizabeth Watkins b. 1818 North Carolina who married Thomas J Shepherd b. 1823 North Carolina. I just found them in the 1850 Kemper Co., MS Census HH 720.

Thomas Shepherd 26 M North Carolina
Nancy Shepherd 24 F North Carolina
Caroline Shepherd 7 F Mississippi
Catherine Shepherd 5 F Mississippi
Anderson Shepherd 3 M Mississippi
David Shepherd 1 M Mississippi

Living Next door to them in household # 721 is Moody Watkins.

Moody Watkins 40 M North Carolina
Mary Watkins 30 F North Carolina
John Watkins 21 M North Carolina
Jane Watkins 17 F North Carolina
Billy Watkins 13 M North Carolina
Francis Watkins 11 F Alabama
Mary Watkins 9 F Mississippi
James Watkins 7 M Mississippi
Jesse Watkins 5 M Mississippi

I have had information passed to me that Nancy Elizabeth Watkins Shepherd was the daughter of Ambrose Watkins and Elizabeth Thompson of North Carolina. However, they did not provide any proof of the connection. At this point I am trying to determine her relationship to Moody Watkins. He is very remotely possible he is her father as his age at the time of her birth would have been 16 and the Mary as listed could not have been her mother. However, if every child listed with Moody Watkins are his issue, then John, Jane and possibly others are from a first marriage.

This record gives the migration pattern of the family and approx years of location having migrated from North Carolina approx 1837-1839 to Alabama and soon afterwards migrated to Mississippi by 1841.

I would appreciate any help you may provide.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions