Search for content in message boards

Wishing you all success in your quests to find your birth families!

Wishing you all success in your quests to find your birth families!

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm an adoptive mother of six kids, adopted between 1983-1995. Five of our six adoptions started out completely closed, while one was semi-open. Four of those are now open. I found one of my kids' birth mothers when he was 19. That has turned out to be a tremendous blessing! My 21 YO daughter and I combined our efforts and located her birth father, just last week. Because she had been born with a serious birth defect that made early life very difficult, he had no idea if she was even still alive. He was absolutely thrilled that she found him! In a few weeks, she will be flying across the country to spend her 22nd birthday with him and his wife.

I think everyone who has the desire to know about their own birth should search. Not all reunions go as well as my kids' have, but I believe the unhappy ones are few and far between.

I wish you all success in your efforts and pray that you will find happiness in finding out more about where you came from!

Re: Wishing you all success in your quests to find your birth families!

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:39PM GMT
Amen to that! That is wonderful to hear. It took me 27 years to find my brother but it was all worth it!

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 7:49PM GMT
How did you find your children's family? I have been trying for years to find the daughter I put up for adoption, without any luck. She was born in 1972 at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 3:43AM GMT
Have you had help from the search angels at Soaring Angels? They've sure helped many folks connect with birth family!

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 10:44PM GMT
What state do you live in? If it's a state that still doesn't permit adults adoptees to get a copy of their original birth certificate, I encourage you to write to the governor and legislature of the state to support this. We need adoptive parents to support our quest for adoptees' rights! If you need help in figuring out who to write to, let me know.

Part of who we are today is written in the past.

Your children are fortunate that they found their birth families at a young age. I met my siblings for the first time at age 60.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 3:08AM GMT
I'm very happy for you!

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 7:54PM GMT
You may all ready know about this site, but I wanted to make sure. http://forums.adoption.com/search-reunion/ There is one forum for Texas adoptions http://forums.adoption.com/texas-adoption-records/ I'm assuming that Texas is not one of the most progressive states when it comes to adoption law, but maybe someone there can give you some assistance. I hope so!

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Birth
How do you go about getting help from the search angels at Soaring Angels?

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 10:28PM GMT
Soaring Angels is a yahoo group. You just need to give them the facts that you have and they will help you! You can write me at ruth31353@hotmail if you want me to help - happy to do so! Ruth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic