Search for content in message boards

Duval County, FL adoption 1944

Duval County, FL adoption 1944

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2012 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Willis
I was adopted in Jacksonville, Duval County, Fl in May 1944 by William and Murl Edwards. I have found out that they answered an ad in a paper placed by birth other. It was a private adoption and attorney is deceased. My adoption papers list birth mother as Bynice Ruth Willis. I have done extensive research for her name but no current or past documents have this name. I received non-identifying information from Florida. It states she moved with her family from a northeastern state to Florida where they operated a store. Birth grandmother was a school teacher. The information concerning birth father is rambling and appears to be false. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Duval County, FL adoption 1944

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 5:07PM GMT
Have you checked to see if she got married?? Her Maiden name would have changed if she did- I would also look at the Grandmothers Occupation she was a School Teacher- Perhaps she taught at one of the schools in the area-Have you also Checked the 1920,1930 Census for this family?? Most likely your Birthmother was born probably between 1910-1922-3- Does it say how old she was??

Brooks

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2012 2:39PM GMT
hello- I was looking at the information again and it could be she was going by Ruth B Willis- I have found several on Ancestry.com in the 1910,1920,1930,and 1940 Census but I need to narrow it down more- does it mention in you non-Identifing how old approx she was at the time of your birth??

you can send me a private email if you like and I can try and help

Brooks

bfnelson1@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 8:56PM GMT
The non-identifying information doesn't give exact age but does indicate she was young and appeared to be highly influenced by her mother. I've always gone under the assumption she was 15-16 years old. So on the 1940 census She would have been around 12. Also if the grandmother was a school teacher in the northeast and then moved to florida to run a store, I've had trouble running down that link.
Thanks.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 7:46AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2012 2:39PM GMT
Here is what I understood from your first email on here- You mentioned that she moved with her family from a Northeastern State(s)to Florida so the family can run a store- And then you mentioned the Grandmother was a School Teacher but didnt say she also moved from the Northeastern State too Florida- So my understanding from that was the Grandmother already was in Florida and was a School Teacher in Florida- So I guess I am kinda confused on that. SO if your birthmother was lets say 16 years of age when you were born she would have been born in about 1924-25- so If she was Born in 1924 she would be 6 years old in 1930-in 1940 she would be 16 years old- If she was born in 1925- she would be 5 years old in 1930- and 15 in 1940-. You mentioned your birthfather's information is rambled and false- can you explain that one?? so I can think on that one??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions