Search for content in message boards

Wallace, Wallis, Goddard, Godard of TN, KY, IL

Wallace, Wallis, Goddard, Godard of TN, KY, IL

Linda Mondy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wallace & Goddard
Seeking information about the Solomon Goddard family, especially his daughter Catherine who married William Green Wallace.

Re: Wallace, Wallis, Goddard, Godard of TN, KY, IL

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Goddard
Linda, Lost your email and postal address. New information on Round Knoll Cemetery and plans for historical markers. Please contact me. Mary Ellen Goddard Watson Brown

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 7:53PM GMT

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 4:48AM GMT
I have confusing information on Solomon Goddard. Was this one married several times - once to Sarah Atchison? If you have any information regarding this Solomon, I would appreciate your help in getting him figured out. Thanks. Janet

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 12:35PM GMT
This Solomon Goddard (1795-1871) was married six times -- to Jane Hamilton, Nancy Hicks, Sarah Cook, Mary Leach, Nancy Corbet, and Sarah Taylor.

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 3:29PM GMT
I also have 6 wives for him, but I have Margaret Book as a wife and not Nancy Hicks. Otherwise we match. The Sarah Cook was Sarah Atchison who had first married Theophilus Cook. It is the Sarah Atchison that is in my family tree (as well as Goddards along the way - but not direct). Thanks for the reply. Anything else you'd like to pass along would be great. If you have questions for me, I'll try to answer. Janet

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 5:36PM GMT
Are these all the same Solomon Goddard marriages?

GODDARD, SOLOMAN COOK, SARAH 1832-06-03
GODDARD, SOLOMON LEACH, MARY 1838-06-13
GODDARD, SOLOMON CORBERT, NANCY 1840-01-30
GODDARD, SOLOMON D BOOK, MARGARET 1854-06-01
GODDARD, SOLOMAN TAYLOR, SARAH 1865-03-26

Sandy

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 7:22PM GMT
These 5 are exact matches to mine in names and dates. I have one other wife - the first, who was Jane Hamilton. They married in about 1815 probably in TN. I have no more information on her. I have his middle initial as D. It appears as though they had 5 children.
Do you have any informtion on his family with 2nd wife, Sarah Atchison Cook?

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Goddard
Jane Hamilton was not born until 1812. She married Solomon who had many wives, around 1830. Solomon was quit a bit older than Jane. To my knowledge no children were born of the marriage and she died in 1839 in Jefferson Co., IL.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions