Search for content in message boards

Smith

Posted: 17 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 4:55AM GMT
I am researching Jeremiah Russell B. Va 1789 came to Casey Co. Ky. before 1820 & m. Mary Hafley. They had 7 children -One was Ambrose my G.Grandfather and another was Sally b. 1932 we think she m. Andy Smith who I believe had been married before. I find Sarah(Sally is nickname for SArah)and Andrew Smith in 1860 census of Casey Co. but do not find them any more.I found a death cert. of Sally Smith in Adair Co. but it is incomplete in naming parents.It gives her city as Milltown and reg. district as 5003. It says she died in 05/01/1916.It looks like the attending DR. was L.C. Nue Or Nee(Maybe neither)hard to read. He had signed 03/20/1916 Address Gradyville.Burial Smith graveyard. Does anyone know of this lady or where the Smith graveyard
is? It was not signed by an informant and there was no undertaker listed. Any help appreciated. Geraldine
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 4:55AM GMT
Thank you so much for responding. I do not know How I can ever get any information. The DR.'s name may help. Thanks again. Milltown is close to Green co. border. Sally Russell Smith was born in Casey Co. but I could not find her in census so I thought always that she would be found in another County. Thanks again.Geraldine
I believe Columbia is County seat Of Adair County,maybe I will call down there and see if I can find anything.

Dr. Nell

Mike Watson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nell
Ms. Dunn: Don't know if your really want/need to know this, but the Dr. mentioned was Dr. Lawrence C. Nell who practiced in the southwestern portion of Adair County at that time. Milltown and Gradyville were not very far removed from each other "as the crow flies."

Sally Smith

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2002 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, BUTLER, FRANKLIN, BURRIS
Hello,
This Sally Smith (Sarah Elizabeth Butler) that died on 5-1-1916 is my 3rd great grandmother who was married to a Elijah Smith. They had 15 children and for the most part where born in Adair co. The Smith cemetary is located a few miles out of Columbia between several farms. There are also several Wilsons buried there. Let me know and I will email a list of their children.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions