Search for content in message boards

Mullens of Onaght, Aran Islands, Ireland

Mullens of Onaght, Aran Islands, Ireland

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 12:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jan 2012 12:43AM GMT
Looking for descendents of Brian B. Mullen (1875-1950) (or Mullin per b/c), son of Peter Mullen (1850-1878) and Margaret Wallace (Wallis), brother of Michael Mullen. Peter was a fisherman in the Aran Islands and aparently died at age 28 and Margaret Wallace Mullen remarried a man named Morgan Flaherty and had 3 more children John, Mary, and Bridget. I think all the children moved to the Boston area. Margaret may have died in Callowfeenish, Galway.

Re: Mullens of Onaught, Aran Islands, Ireland

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 12:32PM GMT
To further above, Michael Mullen (1877-1917) married a woman named Mary Manley born 1881 in Ireland, lived in South Boston, MA, and had 3 children - Peter, Mary Elizabeth, and Anthony Joseph. Mary remarried a man named Michael Downey. I believe Anthony Joseph Mullen (1914-1979) ended up in Hamilton (Butler Co.), Ohio. Any relatives out there? Thank you!

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Mullen Wallis Duran
My g-g-grandfather was Patrick Mullen. He was the son of Brian Mullen and Sarah Duran. Patrick's brother Peter was married to Margaret Wallis. I believe there were four other children: Bridget, Mary, Margaret and John.

Brian Mullen's father was Peter Mullen. This Peter's mother was named Una. She's buried on Inishmore. Una had two other sons that I'm aware of: Andrew (b 1732) and another Brian.

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 2:41AM GMT
Yes! This is exactly the information I have. Your g-g-grandfather was my g-g-grandfather's brother. I am going to email you my email address and see if we can help each other out any further. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions