Search for content in message boards

Benton County TN Craigs abt. 1850

Benton County TN Craigs abt. 1850

Penny Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRAIG, ALLEN, GROOMS, PRESSON, HALE, WATSON, ERVIN
On the 1850 Benton County TN census are the following Craig's who may be brothers:
Thomas Craig b. abt. 1806 TN 2nd wife Sara Allen with 4 daughters Angeline & Charlotte & (2) Martha & Mary Elizabeth from a previous marriage and a Susan Craig age 21 in his house. He was a miller by trade
Eli Green (?) Craig b. abt. 1812 TN with wife Martha Grooms (?) possibly 2nd wife with children Susannah, Charles, Nancy, Lucinda, Sarah, Robert, Green, and a Elizabeth Grooms age 23. He was a farmer.
Charles Craig b. abt. 1814 Tn with wife Susan Craig married in year. Farmer.
On the Carroll County TN census is Asa Craig b. abt. 1819 with wife Matilda G. and children: James G., Manerva G., Letta J., Sarah E., and William S. His son James G. was born in IL. Carroll County TN is across the county line of Benton County in TN. If anyone has any information on these folks, I will share all I have also. We haven't been able to go back any further than this census and according to the census, they all lived close to one another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craigs in Tennessee

Randy Craig (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Craig, Haddon
My father, Samuel Henry Craig was born Samuel Henry Haddon (sp?) in 1909 ( possibly in Mississippi ) and had a sister Bessie. Samuel's father, Mr. Haddon ( first name unknown ), was a trapper and died when Sam was a baby. Samuel's mother, Carrie, reverted to her maiden name- Craig. My father Samuel said his mother Carrie accidentally shot herself while cleaning a gun. Samuel and his older sister Bessie were raised by Carrie's parents ( thier grandparents ) in Union City, Tennesee. Samuel married and had a baby in his 20's and divorced. He then moved to Chicago and married my mother , Marie Scheer, circa 1940. I have no contact with any of my father's relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions