Search for content in message boards

OWEN O'HANLON 1820'S

OWEN O'HANLON 1820'S

J.BUTLER (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'HANLON, O'BRIENS, GLEASON
My greatgreat grandfather came to United States either in 1840 or 1850. His name was Owen O'Hanlon. He was married to Sara O'Brien. We do not know where they lived in Ireland and we do not know if he had any brothers or sistesr. Do not know the name of his parents. Also have no information on the O'Brien familyl. Any info would be appriecated.
Thank you

O'BrienClan.com

Judith O'Brien Beck (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2008 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: O Brien
Check out WWW.OBrienClan.com there is alot of good links and info on this site for O'Brien's

Re: OWEN O'HANLON 1820'S

D. O'Hanlon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 2:23AM GMT
Owen was married to Sarah O'Brian, moved to Manchester, PA, which is the Old North Side of Pittsburgh, Pa from County Clare. It was recorded that Sarah had 15 children, but the ones we know of are: John (1863) Matthew (1865) Mary, Sarah and Nell. My branch of the family is descended from Matthew, as follows:

Matthew married Mary Delaney of Philadelphia, producing (among others) Joseph Aloysius (1889).

Joseph married Margaret Grounds and lived in Pittsburgh, Pa. producing 10 children (she died in childbirth of the 11th).
Adele
Joseph Eugene
Dolores
David
Bernard
Natalie
Margaret
Edward
Eleanor
William

Joseph Eugene is my father.

Please reply with how you are connected.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dorinda O'Hanlon

Re: O'BrienClan.com

Posted: 4 Jul 2002 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2008 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Corcoran, O'Brien
Looking for an O'Brien that may have married a Corcoran. My grandmother is Margaret Corcoran.

Posted: 2 May 2003 3:34AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien
Do you know where in Armagh your O'Brien came from?

Thanks
A. O'Brien,
Australia

jackie mercer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 10:35AM GMT
Hi, I too decended from the O'Briens. my maternal grandmother was Mary bridget O'Brien from Cork, Ireland. Her parents were David O'brien and Hannah Daly.
My Grandmother married an English soldier called George Pearcey and had many children. Their youngest, James. For some reason, and at a early age. joined the merchant navy. This is back in the 30's. He ended up in Australia, when his ship sank. Hospitalised, he married a nurse, we only know as Jean. they had two children, and we know the son, Micheal drowned. Jennifer Mary O'Brien was the childs name. My uncle had taken his mothers maiden name as he was under age to join up. (We were told). I have been trying to trace Jennifer for many years. Her father passed in 1969 and my mother (his sister) in 1997. I would love any information that may help me to trace her. I think she would have been born in the late 40's. Thank you in case you can help. Jackie

Kimberly Carvel (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 8:46PM GMT
My gggrandmother, Margaret J. O'Hanlon who would have been born around 1840 or after and died in Pittsburgh, Pa.
She was married to T.D. Casey and they had 11 children, James D., Mary C., Edmund, William, Annie, Pauline, Frank, Dora E., Frances, Leo and Charles J. Does this name ring any bells? Thanks for any help.

Posted: 12 Dec 2003 5:28AM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2006 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Vallillee, O'Hanlon, Vallely
I have an Ann O'Hanlon d. Bet. 1847-1849 m George Vallillee b. 1809 (Vallely?) before 1833 arrived in Canada before 1832 probably from Armagh
I wonder if there is a connection.

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Casey, O'Hanlon, Murto
James was my great-grandfather. My great grandparents were divorced in 1909. James died soon thereafter in Louisiana and may be buried there. My grandmother, Isabel was born in 1904 in Allegheny and great uncle Edmund was born in 1906 in Wheeling, WV. James and Mary were twins. My grandmother called her Aunt May Murto (not Mary). T.D. was quite prominent. T.D. Casey and Co. seems to have disappeared after 1895, don't know why. He died in 1903. I would love to know more about this branch of my family and can share more information if contacted.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 11:50AM GMT
James died in New Orleans in 1915. Mary Cecelia Casey Murto was my great-grandmother. May and James were twins, the first born of T.D. Casey and Margaret J. O'Hanlon. Please email me at my new address, kckarp@earthlink.net. I have reams of information, photos, and a group of cousins who have formed a group researching the family. We didn't know anything about your side, and it's great to hear from you.

Kimberly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic