Search for content in message boards

Boyds of NC, Ga, FL, SC, VA

Boyds of NC, Ga, FL, SC, VA

Janet Elder (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 3:13PM GMT
We are descendants of Louis Boyd (slaves) we have an extensive family tree already and are looking for more

boyd search

al boyd (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2001 2:19PM GMT
look under Samuel Boyd on Msg. board.

BOYD FAMILY

MELISSA HILLYER ROE (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 9:04PM GMT
MY HUSBANDS MOTHER IS A BOYD AND THERE ARE HUNDREDS IN THE IMMEDIATE FAMILY THAT I KNOW SOME IN SC, FL ,OH, PA ANY NAMES YOU ARE LOKING FOR IN PARTICULAR LET ME KNOW I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YA OUT THANKS M-MROE@MSN.COM MELISSA ROE
Posted: 25 Feb 2001 7:28AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2003 7:20PM GMT
I am searching for the parents of David Boyd b.4Aug1819 d.9Mar1903 all in Adams Co.,Oh. He was married to Elizabeth Cline. The only info that I have on his parents is a parental census from Ohio that said his father was born in Oh. and his mother was born in N.C. No names on anything I can find. I would surely appreciate any help that you can give, and thank you so much for your help in advance. Barbara

david boyd

melissa roe (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 7:28PM GMT
do you know the names of his children ? that would help greatly to see if they were part of our family or not i know that i can find out from our 81 year old grandmother but she is on vacation now so i will have to wait till she gets back from that but the names of the children would help and then i will see what i can do for ya thanks !! Melissa

David Boyd,b.1819 in Oh.

Posted: 27 Feb 2001 8:25AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2003 7:20PM GMT
David Boyd and Elizabeth Cline Boyd's children are:Wm.J. b.1844, Jonathon b.1846, Sarah b.1848, Nathaniel b.1850, Ann b.1852, Mary b.1855, Nancy Catherine(My line) b.1858, David M. b.1859, Malinda b.1862, and Martha and Rebecca (twins) b.1864. All the info we have on David is that he was born, lived, and died in Ohio. but maybe some of his siblings were born elsewhere and I find I need to go sideways for more info. Thanks so much for any help you can give and especially for trying. Thanks again Barbara

david boyd

meilssa roe (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 12:43PM GMT
I WILL TRY TO GET A HOLD OF MY G MA AND SEE WHAT ALL SHE CAN TELL ME ABOUT THIS THANKS! I WILL BE IN TOUCH

Re: BOYD FAMILY

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd
I'm searching for my family. (Boyd) My Greatgrandmother's name was Carey Boyd, my Grandfather's name was Ike Boyd, Ike died 1922 in Plain Dealing, La. Ike had two brother's, John and Issac. My Father Freddie Lee was born Nov 2, 1922 in La. My name is Michael Boyd and I was born in the State of California.
My father doesn't know any of his relatives at all. He did mention that the family was all over the state of NC. Pls let me know something. (afro-americam)
michaelsr850738@aol.com

Jean McCluskey (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2002 5:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SHERFESEE/KELLER/BOYD
I hope you can help. My Boyd line starts w/ Henry Boyd in Scotland near Hamilton, moving later to Ireland and marrying an O'Neil (Irish). Their son, Bernard Boyd was born in Kilrea Londonderry co., Ireland about 1843. He had come to Charleston SC to visit an Uncle just before the Civil war, then went back to Ireland. After the war, he came back to Charleston SC and Settled. He was quite successful as a wholesame merchant as planter. His plantation was the "BayView". He was the first commercial grower to plant Asparagus in the United states. He married Johanna Sherfesee. About 1870 they had a daughter, Charlotte (who died before 1900). Next born was Mary Elizabeh (1877) Frank Thomas Elvina Margaret (March 19, 1881) William August (twin of Elvina Margaret) Frederick Charles, Rose Elizabeth.

William Augustus became of note for becoming the first Orthopedic Surgeon in South Carolina in the early 1900's. He studied medicine in Philadelphia and the U of Pennsylvania. But in 1906 he married Mary Keller of Chatham Co., Georga and returned to South carolina where he settled into practice and life in Columbia SC. Mary and he had one child, Mary Keller Boyd who graduated from Bryn Mawr college in Pennsylvania in 1934. I believe I had read that William Augustus died in 1961.

This is all I have on my Boyd family. If you can be of any further assistance, I would appreciate it.

Posted: 19 Apr 2002 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: boyd
i happened to spot this message on the message board and was wondering....are any of the boyd's youre' searching for possibly from virginia...im doing genealogy on the african american boyd's..my research shows information as to boyd's of petersburg, virgina,,,and new york state.....there was a family member name margaret carey boyd and we were wondering where the name carey came from...hey, you never know....in the family im researching,,,there is thomas boyd,,,charles boyd,,,samuel boyd,,henry boyd,,,and others who originated from where i could find out ; from petersburg virginia......
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions