Search for content in message boards

Torsten & Gurine Hogenson death record in Polk Cty

Torsten & Gurine Hogenson death record in Polk Cty

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 5:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hogenson
I am searching for the date of death of Torsten Hogenson born in 1831 in Norway and immigrated in 1873 with children Hogen Berdines, Christopher Martin, Hans Tobias, Torsten Gustav and Inger Sofie. He lived with his second wife Gurine Torgersdatter (born 1834 in Norway) in Garden Twp, Polk County in the 1895 census. They had a daughter Thea Matilde who married Ole Johnson and also lived in Polk County in 1895. I also need his wife Gurine's date of death. I have been unable to find any records of their deaths and no later census. His son Hogan Berdines Hogenson and brother Hogen Merrill Hogenson have bios in the History of Polk Cty. Another brother Lars Hogenson and wife Ronnaug also lived & died in Polk County. Many relatives are buried at the Faaberg Lutheran Church cemetery but I have not found his burial record in the Dalby Database.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kathy

Thanks for any help.

Re: Torsten & Gurine Hogenson death record in Polk Cty

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 5:09AM GMT
A correction to my previous query. Torsten was the uncle (not brother)of Hogen Merrill Hogenson. He was the brother of Hogan's father Peder Hogenson who lived in Rock Dell, Olmsted Cty, MN. Brothers Peder, Lars and Torsten all immigrated from the Lilleas farm in Kvam, Hardanger, Norway.

Kathy

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 4:07AM GMT
Could this be Gurine?

HOGENSON, GURMILD
Date of Birth: na
Place of Birth: na
Mother Maiden Name: na

certid# 1914-MN-010910
Date of Death: 08 Sep 1914
County of Death: POLK

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 4:43AM GMT
I guess it is possible. I would need to have a birthdate to know for sure or a spouse name.
Thank you for that info.
Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions