Search for content in message boards

Beinstingel

Beinstingel

Posted: 10 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Sep 2002 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Beinstingel
The reason the following is listed in the OSB Palanka Book is because my family migrated to the Backa Palanka area until WWII.

Franz Beinstingel, b: 1777, is said to have come from Steiermark, Austria,
in: Anton Reimann: OSB Palanka, 3 volumes, Frankfurt 1981, page 118 and 1247
married Sept. 14., 1830, as widower of Anna Rheinberger (possible that this is my 4th gr. grandmother) , Anna Maria Klement as widow of Joh. Georg Ehmann

Beinstingl

Fritz Königshofer (View posts)
Please play a bit with the Austrian on-line telephone directory. Use "Erweiterte Suche" (= Extended Search), and put nothing or Steiermark into the field for Bundesland (= province).

You will find there are a few Beinstingl left today with telephone listings, of which one family lives in Styria, i.e.,Graz. Much more frequent spellings, quite concentrated in Styria, are Birnstingl, Bohnstingl, Bonstingl, and Ponstingl.

The names Klement (though frequent and rather widely spread) and Ehmann also point to Styria. Rheinberger (in this spelling) appears to mostly exist today in Vorarlberg, the westernmost Austrian province (which borders the Rhine river). Today's spelling of the name in the east is Reinberger.

It is hard to say, but indications are your ancestors might have been from Western Styria (area of Lannach to Stainz), or alternatively from Eastern Styria (Fürstenfeld area) which would be close to Burgau which you are searching as well. Graz itself is also an option.

What is the reason why your ancestor shows up in a book coming from the order of the Benedictines?

Beinstingel

Edited: 10 Sep 2002 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Beinstingel
I hope that someone out there will be able to help me. I am trying to find out more information on my 4th gr.- grandfather. I would like to find out if he infact did come from Austria and what were his children's names and who
were his parents? Has anyone ever heard of the surname BEINSTINGEL or seen it mentioned in any records? ANY information would be greatly appreciated.
Below is the refereed to said person:

Franz Beinstingel, b: 1777, is said to have come from Steiermark, Austria,
in: Anton Reimann: OSB Palanka, 3 volumes, Frankfurt 1981, page 118 and 1247

married Sept. 14., 1830, as widower of Anna Rheinberger (possible that this is my 4th gr. grandmother) , Anna Maria Klement as widow of Joh. Georg Ehmann

Thank you in advance for all your help,

I am most interested in are:
BEINSTINGEL (Beinstinl, Bainstingel, Baynstingl)
Thank you so much
Veronica Beinstingel Stroud
strd@alaska.net
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/5650/
searching for: BARDON, BEER, BEINSTINGEL (BAINSTINGEL), BLUM, BRANICS,
CHRIST, EHOS , EICHINGER, FRIES, GAUL, GEISER, GESSERT, HARFMANN, HÄSELE,
HOFENBERGER, KLEMENT, KUNZLER, LADENBERGER, MALAGARSKI, MARONIC, MARTZ,
MARX, MINK, NIGL, POLASSECK, REBL, RHEINBERGER, RITT, SAVIDOVIC, SCHNELL,
SCHUFF, SPIEß, WALLENTA. (all on father's side)
(migration known Steiermark (village Burgau), Austria; Backa Palanka; Sidski
Banovci; Nijemci, Yugoslavia; Passau, Germany and
United States)

Re: Beinstingl

Posted: 22 Feb 2002 12:11AM GMT
the bonstingl family that i am searching for comes from
judensdorf, austria. my grandfather was raised on a farm there and left in his teens.
there is no real history of the family since both my grand mother and grandfather are deceased. but he left his mother and sister in austria and came to america in his teens around
1920's. his brothers name was august bonstingl.
thanks

Posted: 22 Feb 2002 5:06AM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2003 4:45AM GMT
Are you sure it was not Jennersdorf rather than Judensdorf?

Practically all Bonstingl or Ponstingl in the Ellis Island database came from the area around Jennersdorf in today's southern Burgenland.

As a second best guess, the Austrian phone directory at www.etb.at shows one Bonstingl entry in Judendorf-Strassengel which lies north of Graz.

Posted: 22 Feb 2002 10:31PM GMT
anything is possible concidering the who wrote me the note
copied information they only heard and it is possible that they
came from jennersdorf. the way my aunt wrote it was
jedensdorf, austria which means that they could not understand grandpa's writing or uncle august writing.
thank you so very much. it is a better lead than i have had
in a long time.

thanks
janet

BONSTINGL graves seen in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

not related (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2003 3:56AM GMT
a tombstone with both names was seen in the Most Holy Name Cemetery, Mt. Troy Road, Pittsburgh, Allegheny county, PA:

Louis BONSTINGL, 1887 - 1959, Father
Eugenia BONSTINGL, 1896 - 1928, Mother

I have no other info as it is not my line.

Re: Beinstingel

Posted: 1 Apr 2007 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Birnstingl
I am searching for the Birnstingl family in the same area of Steiermark. I found my ancestor, Teresia Birnstingl (age 25) on a passenger list in 1909 in which she lists this as her birthplace. Her father is listed but I cannot read the name. It looks like Lanz Birnstingl. Teresia made it to California and married into another Austrian family, Procsal.

Kristi Willard
mcnerthney@msn.com

Re: Beinstingel and Branics

Posted: 1 Oct 2011 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Beinstingel, Branics
Hi Veronica:

I've only begun researching our family tree. In our family we have Beinstingel and Branics from Batschka Palanka in Yugoslavia before WWII. I believe Georg Beinstingle who married a second time to Anna Branics. Georg Beinstingle had a daughter (presently in Hungary) and a son (presently in Germany) from his first marriage and two daughters from his second marrige, Maria and Anna (both in Canada).

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone out there?

Re: Beinstingel and Branics

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2012 12:32AM GMT
Anny,

That is part of my family line. Did you do a search on the family trees online. Mine is there, with these listed. Franz Beinstingel is the earlest I can find. It is in the above msg.
please note I have a new email: vb_stroud@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions