Search for content in message boards

SKIDMORE

Posted: 3 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: SKIDMORE, WHEELER
LAKE COUNTY, ILLINOIS - looking for descendants of George SKIDMORE who married Calista A. WHEELER; George was born in Oxfordshire, England in 1848, died in Illinois in 1918. Children of Geroge Skidmore and Calista Wheeler were: BERTRAND SKIDMORE born 1879, ELMER L. SKIDMORE born 1883, RAYMOND B. SKIDMORE born 1886, FLOYD K SKIDMORE born 1888.

Also looking for any descendants of HIRAM P. WHEELER and EMMA SKIDMORE born 1836,

The above SKIDMOREs and WHEELERs lived variously in Highland Park, Deerfield, Waukegan, etc - were active in Methodist Episcopal Church in Forst Sheridan (Highwood). Any information, plase contact VCrawf@aol.com! Thank you.

George SKIDMORE

Posted: 3 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Skidmore, Wheeler
George SKIDMORE was my Great Grandfather. I have information about him including pictures. I also have researched much of the family land back many generations in England.

Re: George SKIDMORE

Posted: 22 Jun 2001 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Skidmore,Lee,Erwin,Sanford
Is this the George Skidmore that was married to Sarah Ella Ferguson? I am looking for information on their daughter, Bertha.

Posted: 29 Mar 2004 11:25PM GMT
Hi Thomas, my g-grandmother (Sophia Skidmore Lovell) had a brother George born 7-4-1858 in Worcestershire, Eng. He was the youngest of the five surviving siblings. The family moved to Luzerne County, Pa. c. 1865. They were miners. George became a fire boss in the Mill Creek Colliery, Plains, Luzerne, Pa. and married Alice Moore March 23, 1880. Does this sound like your George Skidmore?
Take care, Kathy Lovell

Tom Skidmore (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 12:03AM GMT
No, sorry. They are two different people. My g grandfather, George, was born in Oxfordshire, England in 1848, died in Illinois in 1918. He always lived in Illinois after coming from England.

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 12:06AM GMT
Thanks, Tom, for your quick response. The reason I checked with you is because George's brother James settled in Illinois. I'm always seeking out possibilities. Thanks again and good luck in your search.
Kathy

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 1:19AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2004 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: SKIDMORE, KILBY
Greetings,Cousin Tom. Please send me (VCrawf@aol.com) your eMail address again - I lost all my address book some time ago; have just now started with a new computer. I visited Tackley not long ago - a beautiful spot, but too quiet for our ancestors, apparently! < smile >

Ginny Crawford
descendant of John R. Skidmore, brother of George

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2004 4:37PM GMT
Are any of your Skidmores from Langlade Cty. Wisc.?
Kathy Butcher

Virginia Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2004 4:21PM GMT
Sorry - not that I know of. Thanks for writing.

Ginny Crawford - descendant of John R. Skidmore of Tackley, Oxfordshire (England) - Toronto (1857 ff.) - and Chicago (c.1865 ff.)

Re: SKIDMORE

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 2:47AM GMT
I am grandson of Bertrand Skidmore. Was advised of great grandfather George's origin in Tackley by my uncle Raymond.

Will appreciate any additional data available.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic