Search for content in message boards

Abraham Perry of Bertie Co.

Abraham Perry of Bertie Co.

Zane D. Perry (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perry, Robeson, Venters, Warren
I recently received a response from the Bertie Co. GenForum telling me the Perrys from Bertie Co. had connections with the Robesons of Martin Co. My ancestor, Arnold R. Perry, left Onslow Co. in 1806 for Kentucky with his mother, Mary Robeson Venters, and his step-father, Arthur Venters. Family history states Arnold's father was Abraham Perry. Arnold Perry was born ca. 1784, and Mary Robeson married Arthur Venters in Onslow Co. in early 1799. Family history states Arnold's father was killed by lightning prior to his mother remarrying Mr. Venters. Does anyone have any information connecting the Perrys of Bertie with the Robesons of Martin Co.? Does anyone have any information on a Mary Robeson of Martin Co. of that time period? I appreciate your assistance. Zane Perry

Mary Robinson in the 1780s

Zane D. Perry (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON, PERRY
I have found that Abraham Perry died in May 1788 in Bertie Co., NC. His wife's name was Anne Perry. Abraham Perry left two legal heirs -- Priscilla Perry Stone, wife of Solomon Stone of Bertie Co., and Sarah Perry Stone, wife of William Stone of Bertie Co. (and brother to Solomon Stone aforementioned). Abraham Perry seems to have also had several illegitimate children by Mary Robinson. Some documentation wherein Abraham Perry is deeding land to Asenath Perry Robinson states he was of "Martin Co.", although almost all references state that Abraham Perry was from Bertie Co.. It could be possible that Mary Robinson was his mistress, and that she was originally from Martin Co..

Does anyone have access to the Bastardy Bonds for Martin Co., NC in the 1780s? Arnold Perry would have been born circa 1784, and Elizabeth "Betsy" Perry would have been born circa 1787 or 1788. Asenath "Sena" Perry would have been born in the 1780s too. All of these children would have had Mary Robinson as their mother, while Abraham Perry was the father. As stated before, Abraham Perry was killed by lightning in 1788. Mary Robinson received land from Abraham in Bertie Co. at the settlement of his estate there. Mary Robinson later married to Arthur Venters in January 1799 in Onslow Co., North Carolina.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Zane D. Perry

Re: Mary Robinson in the 1780s

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 11:51PM GMT
Asenath"Sena" Perry Robinson was born in 1785. She was an indentured servant to a Solomon Stone.I believe Solomons father was Enoch Stone.Her brother was also indentured until the age of 21 as a shoemaker apprentice.After gaining his freedom at the age of 21 he went by Amal Robinson Perry.This information from North Carolina archives as found on Ancestry linked to Solomon Stone.

Re: Abraham Perry of Bertie Co.

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 11:59PM GMT
Go to google or infoseek and type in Asenath Perry Robinson and then Arland Perry Robinson and I think you will find information that will help you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions