Search for content in message boards

OSOWSKI THORN (Sherri)

OSOWSKI THORN (Sherri)

Sherri (Osowski) Thorn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: OSOWSKI
My maiden name is OSOWSKI, my grandfather came to this country in the early 1900's from Poland (German Pole). I still have living relatives in Poland, not sure on location.
Please respond with any info you have.

Thanks, Sherri

OSOWSKI (Michael David)

Michael David Osowski (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DONAHEY, GROSSWEILER, MICHAEL, OSOWSKI
My name is Michael David OSOWSKI. I recently moved to VT (from Washington DC), but the roots of the OSOWSKI side of the family are in NJ. My grandparents, Walter & Lorraine still live in Sayreville (they are 82 & 78 respectively, and are both healthy and doing fine). They also have several brothers & sisters nearby in South River.

My grandfather’s grandparents came over from Poland around the turn of the century. Unfortunately, I don’t have their names or the exact dates handy. I can find them if you respond and it is important to you. They came through Ellis Island, and their names are registered there (they’ve recently been added to the plaque or immigrants). They then settled in South River NJ and the following generations of large families usually stayed nearby.

I’ve noticed that there is a large amount of OSOWSKI names listed in WI. Do you know if they are relations off the same tree? Is there a way to find this out?

Looking forward to discussing this with you,

OSOWSKI PUZO (Sherri L)

Sherri L. Osowski-Puzo (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MACHEL, OSOWSKI, PUZO, SCHMENKEL, SHERRI
It was quite interesting to read both your messages, since I have recently looked into my father's past. My father, his parents, brother and sisters came to America in 1952 from Germany. They arrived in Ellis Island via ship.

(My grandfather's name is engraved on the wall there.) As far as we know, we can not track any Polish herritage. Unfortunatly, both my grandparents died young and suddenly, so my father and his siblings were too young to really ask questions and get answers. We do still have a small amount of family in Germany that we stay in contact with.

When they got to this country they were sponsored my a very kind family in Indiana, and stayed with them for about a year, then moved to Northern NJ.

My father, his sisters and brother all grew up, got married, and raised their children their. We also have family in NJ with the name Ossowski, which no one really understands. It could have been simply that they came over at different times. Other family names of cousins, etc include MACHEL and SCHMENKEL.

Sherry L OSOWSKI PUZO

OSOWSKI or OSSOWSKI

Eva Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OSOWSKI, OSSOWSKI
Hi,
My grandfather's name was OSOWSKI also and he was from Poland. Initially his name was OSSOWSKI but one S was removed for some odd reason I can't recall. He had a half brother with the same last name who immigrated to the US. I will find out more from my mother and post another post. In the meantime I do speak and write polish so if you have any clues that are in Polish, Ill be glad to translate them.

Eva SMITH

OSSOWSKI (Egon)

Egon Ossowski (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OSSOWSKI
I can tell you a lot of my family who is coming from Poland. My own tree goes back til 1730. A friend of mine with an own tree (but also a OSSOWSKI) has a tree going back til 1845. In both trees are emigrators to the USA. Hope to hear from you. Bye, bye or Dowidzenia!

Egon OSSOWSKI

OLSKI (Walter)

Posted: 13 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: OLSKI, OSSOWSKI
I'm from the same line but different area of Wisconsin.

My mother (Walter OLSKI's daughter) says she thinks the name was changed from OSSOWSKI because there were so many of them in the apt. in Milwaukee at one time that the mail was always getting mixed up, so they changed it to be different.

Don't know how true that is, but it's one version.

Tamara PARROTT JORSTAD

OLSKI

Kim Roback (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: OLSKI, OSSOWSKI
I live in Portage County and my Moms maiden name is OLSKI. Her family changed it to that from OSSOWSKI but I'm not sure when they did it.

Did you have any name changes? Any info would be great...

Kim ROBACK

OSOWSKI (Rose)

Posted: 15 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: DZIKOSKI, KEARNS, KRANSKI, OSOWSKI
I have information on the decendants of Rose OSOWSKI b abt 1905 m 1935 Milwaukee unk KRANSKI.

I would like to share.

Related surnames: DZIKOSKI KEARNS

Susan ZELINSKI

DZIKOSKI (Michael)

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: DZIKOSKI, SCOBLOF, WOZNIAK
I am looking for info. on a Michael DZIKOSKI. He was born in NY and died in MI. I believe he may be related to my husband's grand mother, Stella (SCOBLOF) RYNTZ. Stella's mother was a Pauline WOZNIAK and Michael's mother was an Anna WOZNIAK.

DZIKOSKI is sort of an uncommon spelling and was wondering if you had any info. that you could share on this family.

Re: OSOWSKI THORN (Sherri)

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 1:20PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2002 1:06PM GMT
I have cousins who are Osowski's. Their parents are Stanley and Elizabeth(Kruzicki). Elizabeth is my mothers sister. My mother is Therese (Kruzicki) Glisczinski.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic