Search for content in message boards

Robert William Lowrance Jr

Robert William Lowrance Jr

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lowrance
I am looking for any infomation I can get about my family. My Grandfathers name was Robert William Lowrance Jr he was born in LaFayette GA. in 1929, he was the oldest of something like 13 children of Robert William Lowrance Sr. and his first wife they had five boys before she passed away He remarried and they had more children. my Grandfather passed away when my father was very young so I have never met the rest of the family and I would really like to know what I can. If anyone knows anything about any of them or could point me towards someplace I can found anything out I would love any help thank you Anna Lowrance Kinker

Re: Robert William Lowrance Jr

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 3:44AM GMT
Hi, Anna
According to Ancestry.com your Robert William Lowrance, Jr. was born 21 Oct. 1929 in Walker County, GA, died 4 July 1955 in Walker County, GA. He is buried at the Fairview Cemetary in Walker County. His parents were Robert William "Bud" Lowrance born 13 Sept. 1911, died 28 May 1985 and Lillie Sweet born 1911 and died 11 May 1935 in Catoosa County, GA. His siblings were Dewey C. 1927-2001 and Clifford 1931-1997. There are others shown as still living. This info was taken from the Ballinger Family Tree. Hope this will be of some help to you. Good luck in your search.

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Census
The family tree information you were given is looking good. The 1930 census for Walker Co., GA shows Robert W. Lorance , age 18, as head of household in the Chestnut Flat district. His wife, Lillie, age 20, and they have just had a son, William who appears to be 5 months old. Robert W. is renting his place and says he was 16 when he married Lillie (she was 19). Both were born in Georgia. He is a farmer.

The 1920 census of Catoosa Co., GA lists several Lowrance families living next to each other in Wood Station. Sheet 3B has Charles M. Lowrance, age 19, and wife Olie G and son James M.; then comes Andrew J. Lowrance who appears to be your line; Amos L.Lowrance, age 19 and wife Eva B., age 22; and Willis L. Lowrance, 37, with wife and children; Arthur R. Lowrance, age 29, and family

Andrew J. Lowrance, 52, born Tenn., father born NC, mother born Tenn., farmer
Mandy M. wife, 36, born Georgia, GA-GA
Thomas A., son,18, GA, TN-GA
Minnie M., dau., 15, GA
Alice,daughter, 13, GA
Lillie E., dau., 10, GA
Robert W., son, 8, GA
Ossie,dau., 6, GA
Elijah M., son, 4, GA
Bonnie B., dau, 10 months, GA

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 1:11AM GMT
Thank you so much that really helps alot.

Posted: 24 Apr 2011 4:43PM GMT
My name is Amanda Lowrance. My dad (Don Lowrance) and your grandfather are half brothers. If you would like any information, I would be happy to help in any way.

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 5:37PM GMT
Hi, Amanda
Thanks so much for the reply and offer to help me. My email is pegjen2002@yahoo.com. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic