Search for content in message boards

Patrick Seery

Patrick Seery

Posted: 15 May 2008 12:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seery
I have a Patrick Seery(Parents: Peter&Bridget) and ELizabeth Seery (nee: Murtagh) who emigrated to Australia from Ireland about 1824..
Trying to find out find out if Patrick had any brothers/sisters who also came to Australia or went elsewhere.
Thanks
Darryl

Re: Patrick Seery

Posted: 13 Aug 2009 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: SEERY
I am a descendant of Thomas Seery (born abt 1828 Roscommon, Ireland) and Letitia Limond who lived in the Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia in the mid-late 1800's
Thomas emigrated to Australia in 1860 and in the next year brought out Michael Seery (born 1832 Westmeath, Ireland to Michael Seery and Anne Cowley of Dublin, Ireland)
Thomas and Michael (Jr)had been in the Irish Constabulary and became Police Officers in the establishment of the First Police Force in New South Wales

There was another Seery family living in the Pejar area (near Crookwell) New South Wales. The orgiginal emigrant Michael came out as a convict in about 1838. Michael of course had a son Michael and both came under the notice of the Police in the area

I have been unable to positively establish whether MY original Thomas and Michael were brothers but it is known that Thomas had a brother named John who may also have emigrated to Australia

I am aware of quite a number of Seery families in West Australia from early 1900 (a number were mentioned in the 1914-1918 war records for Australia)

A smaller number of Seery families are living in Victoria and South Australia

Hope this gives you some leads

Terry Seery

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 3:28PM GMT
Hi,

There were 12 persons with the surname SEERY in the RIC. I can obtain a copy of their RIC Service Records if you have not got them already.

Contact me j_herlihy@esatclear.ie

Best regards,

JIM HERLIHY

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Seery
Darryl,

There are two separate "large" Seery families residing in New South Wales, Australia and both descendents of a Michael Seery (not the same one)
The first (Michael) arrived in the 1830's as a convict and resided in the Central West Highlands
The second (Thomas) arrived in 1860/1 and sponsored a Michael to Australia in 1861 and resided Southern Highlands
Both had been in the Roayal Irish Constabulary
More Seery families arrived in other states with what appears to be a predominance in Western Australia

I know those arriving in the 1830's and residing at a place called "Pejar" near Goulburn have been well researched but I am also aware there were already individual SEERY members already in Australia by 1830

I suspect you are located in Australia so you may be able to indicate which State the family may have resided
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions