Search for content in message boards

Stuck in Weakly County Tennessee

Stuck in Weakly County Tennessee

Posted: 3 Sep 2010 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Summers, Price, Stunston, McCLean
I am searching for the Summers family that appears in Weakley Co Tennessee (dist 1) between 1825 and 1840. They would be: Richard Summers, Letty Summers Price, Burnetta Summers Stunston, Sally Summers Stunston, Priscilla Summers, James Brice Summers, Franklin Summers. I do not know how these people are related to each other as I can't find them....They were in the middle of the McClain-Stunston-Price Murder story and I can track them from tennessee into Illinois...I can't find them back past Weakley. They could have come from Graves CO, KY or been in the Mayfield Tenn area...I just am lost as to how to find them. I have no birth date/location to ask the county clerks for a search and would appreciate any suggestions as to the next step...Thanks for being so patient with this long story. Liz Summers Spragg

Re: Stuck in Weakly County Tennessee

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 7:09PM GMT
First, what is the McClain-Stunston-Price Murder story? What is your source for it?

Also, have you traced them forward from 1840? If so, where and when? (If you can find death info on them, those dates and information could help you find birth info, too.)

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Summers, Price, Stunston
I know your post is a couple years old but I was wondering if you have had any further luck tracing the Summers family before they lived in Weakley County, Tenn. I am from Priscilla Summers Oliver's line. She married William Oliver in Saline County, Ill in 1854 and they moved to Magee Springs, Ky. The story passed down in my family is that Priscilla was Cherokee. This same story was passed down to people in Letty Summers Prices' family. My Grandmother has a photo of Priscilla and she certainly looks Native American. This could be the problem we are all having tracking this family back further.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Summers-Price-Stunston-
Am still looking..have not had that piece of info before (Cherokee) Only found Priscilla in one census and lost her after that. Would love to chat with you on what you know about the Summers line. I am sure there's a connection somewhere I just haven't found it yet. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic