Search for content in message boards

Anna Andersdatter Fadnes

Anna Andersdatter Fadnes

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Sep 2009 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: FADNES, STYVE, ANDERSON
Born March 1873, Fadnes,Evanger, Hordaland Norway. Immigrated in September 1896 with her widowed mother, Ragnhilde Knutsdatter (Styve)Fadnes. They are both on the 1900 census for Fertile, Polk Co. Minnesota, living with her brother, Anders (Andrew) Andersen Fadnes and wife Molli. Anna was only 27 in 1900 and probably married after that census, but have not been able to find her again.
Also have not found death/burial for Ragnhild. She was 74 in 1900. Born 01 Mar 1826 in Styve, Evanger, Hordaland Norway. Immigrated in 1896 with Anna, and living in Fertile, Polk Co. on 1900 census.

Re: Anna Andersdatter Fadnes

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 5:49PM GMT
Anna Fadnes is in Sundal, Norman County in the 1905 Minnesota census. She is in the household of Gulek (Gulik?) Fadnes.
Apparently she never married, as there is a Minnesota death index entry for her death certificate in Norman County in 1937.
You can obtain Anna's death cert & obit, in person at or via order from the Minnesota Historical Society at www.mnhs.org(the MHS rate is higher for out-of-state requests).
I do lookups for Polk Co. researchers for a moderate fee - please contact me off-board via email if you would like my help: mary@mwancestor.com

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 6:50PM GMT
http://people.mnhs.org/dci/

FADNESS, ANNA
Date of Birth: na
Place of Birth: na
Mother Maiden Name: na
certid# 1937-MN-010008
Date of Death: 20 Jan 1937
County of Death: NORMAN

FADNESS, HELGE
Date of Birth: 02 May 1888
Place of Birth: MINNESOTA
Mother Maiden Name: STEYVE
certid# 1957-MN-011663
Date of Death: 28 Mar 1957
County of Death: NORMAN

FADNESS, ADOLPH
Date of Birth: 09 Apr 1899
Place of Birth: MINNESOTA
Mother Maiden Name: STYVE
certid# 1967-MN-017682
Date of Death: 22 Jul 1967
County of Death: POLK

There are also death index records for Polk Co for Betsy, Brown, and Gena Marie - all surname Fadness. I couldn't find anything under Fadnes.

With a mother with a surname of Styve, are either Helge or Adolph related to the family you're looking for? Helge should be a male name - Helga is female. Difference in the last letter determines whether the name is male or female.

Are you looking for US data exculusively or do you also want the Norwegian data?
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&a...
Home page. Click on the word English and whatever is in English on any page will show up in English. It switches column headers in transcribed data to English, too. Some pages are in Norwegian only. Others have English translations, including the search engines. Microfilm data can be scrolled through.

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 11:08PM GMT
Yes that would be her in 1905, Gulleik A. (Andersen) Fadnes was her other brother, his wife Bertha, the ages and children all match up (plus two children I didn't have).
Thanks so much! I don't know how I missed that.

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 11:22PM GMT
Thanks Bev. I have the Norwegian data, thats kind of how I am tracking them down, starting in Norway with known family and following them across the pond. It seems almost the entire family from Styve immigrated and spread all over.

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 11:31PM GMT
Glad to help a bit. Good for you that the surname is so unique.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic