Search for content in message boards

GILLUM

GILLUM

Sue Stacy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

My great grandfather was Charles Martin Gillum, b. c. 1844 in South Carolina to John Gillum and Ellen Welch. He married Esibela Cope (d. of Wiley Cope and Susan Strong) and fathered 12 children -- Robert, Charles, John, Lula, Elvira (my grandmother), Thomas, Dora, Aggie, Lily, Rebecca, Walter, and William. This is all I know of him. Can anyone help me?ne help me?

GILLIUM

Edric White Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GILLIUM
Hi Sue,

Did your g.grandfather have a brother that married a Drucilla White some time after 1815 or any of the later
generations.Drucille was a sister to my G.G.grandfather, Robert (Robin) White. She came to Kentucky from Goose Creek, N.C. about 1815 with her three brothers, the other two being John G. and Daw.

Drucilla is said to have married ?? Gillium and
settled in Wolfe County. Robin lived in Breathitt Co., but
do not know if she lived with him before her marriage or one
of the other brothers.

Any information you might furnished me would be greatly
appreciated.

Edric

Charles Martin Gillum

Sue Stacy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gillum
We must be talking about the same person. I'm beginning to wonder if the information I got from the family Bible is incorrect (which is possible if it was done after the fact by someone who couldn't remember!). Unfortunately, I have no sibling information at this time for my great grandfather, but will try to get ahold of an aunt who just might. Then we can do some comparisons.

Sue

Charles Martin Gillum

Posted: 30 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2003 1:51PM GMT
Surnames: GILLUM
Breathitt Co., KY
Sue,

I have a Charles Martin Gillum, son of William Gillum and Susan Barnett, married to Isabella Cope. Are we talkin about the same person? Isabella is the sister of Malvery GILLUM who was my great grandmother.

Can we compare notes?

Crystal
Posted: 26 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:20AM GMT
Surnames: GILLUM, MANN
William Gillum, s/o Charles Martin Gillum & Isabella Cope married Gracie Mann. Do have their children? and who they married? Gracie Mann was my grandfather Proctor Mann's sister.
Posted: 26 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT

GILLUM

Ada Gillum Barrett (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
William Gillum, Albert, Edward, Albert is my direct line.
Would you have info on William? I have traced him to SC.
Thanks, ADA

William GILLUM's children

Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2002 12:35AM GMT
Hey Mary Ann....

I found Luther's info in the Breathitt Co marriage records:
father:William Gillum (2), b. 1883
Mother: Gracy Manns, b. 1890

(1) Luther Gillum

[1929,47,105,8-Jun,"Smith, Fern",19,S,Lou Smith,Tom Smith,"Gillum, Luther",23,S,Grace
    Gillum,Will Gillum,H.C. Clemons,Jackson,Darsie Ratcliffe & Francis Smith]

but nothing on Millie Lou Gillum or Lizie B. Gillum, the only two other children I have in my recs.

I would like to have Gracie Mann's line.

Thanks

Carolyn
Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GILLUM, MANN
This Gracie's line.

Gracie was born July 1890 Breathitt Co. Ky to Jackson Mann & Elizabeth Jane Davis. My grandfather was Proctor Mann, Gracie's brother. He told the family that he had one whole brother and one whole sister which was Tecumpsey Mann and Gracie Mann. Gracie on her marriage license put Drucilla (Hensley) Mann as her mother, but the reason I think is because Drucilla was the only mother she knew. Their mother Elizabeth Jane died when Proctor was 10, so she probably died giving birth to Gracie as Proctor was born 1880. Proctor was born May 10, 1880 Breathitt, Tecumpsey born Nov 1882 Breathitt. I have never found a marriage license for Jackson & Elizabeth Davis, so I am assuming she had all children out of wedlock. She had two children before these three. They were Gatha Davis who married Elijah Lovely and Elliott Davis.

Elizabeth Jane Davis's parents were William Davis & Sarah Carpenter. Jackson's parents were William Mann & Rhoda Howard.

If you have any questions let me know?

white

Edric White Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: White
Hi Mary Ann,

Noticed your query on the Breathitt County Queries on Gillum/Mann. I am trying to locate a ??Gillum that married
Drucilla White, sister of Robert, John G. and Daw White.
They came to Ky from N.C. some time between 1815 and 1825.

If this is your family or you have any information on this
couple I would appreciate hearing from you.

Edric W. Campbell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions