Search for content in message boards

Seeking other researchers

Seeking other researchers

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Mathieu, Devaux, Fondal, SaintMartin, Rochon, Lajonsere, Lajonchere, Laurent, Duralde, Sauvinet, Plessy, Varian
I wish to correspond with others researching lines descended from the following, who were members of an extended Orleans Parish family, 1800-1850: Mathieu Devaux, Agnes Mathieu, Marguerite Mathieu, Louise Cavelier & spouse Pierre Laurent, Celest(in)e Lajonsere/Lajonchere, Emilie Duralde, Marie Sauvinet, Marie Esther Mathieu & spouse Joseph Fondal, Marie Louise Fondal & spouse Pierre St. Martin, Felicite Fondal & spouse Adolphe Rochon, Madeleine Mathieu & spouse ____ Meu[x?], Jeanne Livie Plessy & spouse Francois Varian.

Duralde and Rochon

Posted: 3 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 11:57AM GMT
Surnames: DURALDE, ROCHON, ALLAIN, DUPLANTIER, PARANT
Lisa, I do not have the specific persons you mentioned, however, the Duralde and the Rochon names do appear in my family tree research. Jeanne Rochon married Charles Parant in Mobile, Alabama. A large number of their descendants are now in the New Orleans area. The Duralde name appears as cousins in my family tree. They are descendant from Jeanne Francois Allain who gave military sevice during the American Revloution. There is a second Rochon family which connects to my tree. Constance Rochon married Armand Duplantier, they lived in the Baton Rouge area.

Re: Seeking other researchers

Posted: 15 Dec 2001 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2003 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Mathieu
Found on 1810 census of Orleans Parish.

Catiche Mathieu -- living on Paix Street ( peace, now a section of Kelerec Street )

Agnes Mathieu -- living on Elysian Fields Street.

Posted: 15 Dec 2001 10:47PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 1:23PM GMT
Agnes Mathieu and her progeny owned several lots on or near Elysian Fields, in addition to property in the Quarter, (what would become) Treme, Metairie, and St. John parish.

Re: Duralde and Rochon

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 7:14PM GMT
My name is Anthony Theron Martin Duralde Brown.I am direct descendent of Martin Milony Duralde and Joseph Victor Duralde.I have lots info,always looking for more.
mybemail is dribm@myexcel.com

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Sauvinet
Hi Lisa,

I'd be interested in comparing notes on Sauvinet. I'm trying to research Charles St. Albin Sauvinet, who was a man of color active in Orleans Parish Reconstruction politics. I'm not sure when he was born or who his parents were; in one lawsuit in which he was a party he said they were both foreigners.

Lisa Y. Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2004 6:23PM GMT
Actually, I have relatively little on Sauvinets. According to Orleans Parish birth records, Celeste Lajonchere (off the top of my head, born about 1800) had a son Joseph Sauvinet by a Joseph Sauvinet about 1822. The line ends there in my notes. Sorry.

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 1:47AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2012 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Fondal and Rochon
Hello,

I am a descendent of Joseph Fondal and Marie Louise Fondal. Joseph and Marie Louise Fondal were my great-great-great-great-great-grandparents through their daughter, Felicite who married Adolphe Rochon. I am researching our family lineage and would be very happy if you could share any information you have.

I would like to say, that I see some errors in your original post. As I already mentioned, Marie Louise Fondal was the spouse of Joseph Fondal, and her maiden name was Mathieu. I have the census records to prove these relationships saved in my family tree, which I welcome you all to have a look at.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions