Search for content in message boards

Dedham/Needham/Natick MILLS

Dedham/Needham/Natick MILLS

Wallace Mills (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 8:44AM GMT
I have over 200 descendants of Samuel Mills m Frances Pembroke 1645 in Dedham. All in Dedham/Needham area. Looking for others interested in MILLS from this area.

Re: Dedham/Needham/Natick MILLS

Boni Bliss (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2001 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MILLS/ MILES/ CRANE /CHICKERING / CHUBB
I've been told that there is a possible chance that a descendant of Samuel Mills is Solomon Mills , that changed his last name to (Miles) after the Civil War. There is said to be a Family Bible somewhere with this recorded. Have you any information about this that may help me?
Solomon is my 4th great grandfather with his 3rd wife Betsy Crane . It looks as if he is Solomon Mills III , he died & buried in Garland Pa.buried in the Old Whitetown Cem. .
Solomon was born in Natick , Ma. , 10/13/1764 , d. 11/1862 in the home of his grandson Solomon Giles White.

I thank you in advance for any help,
Boni Miles Bliss

Wallace Mills (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2001 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: MILLS, MILES
Reply to Boni Bliss, Samuel Mills b abt 1620/ son Benjamin b 3/20/1650, son Joseph b 3/10/1679, son Joseph Jr b 4/1707 m Lydia Parker in Needham MA, second son Solomon b 5/14/1729. I have nothing more on Solomon as I follow 1st son David but I have about five generations at least born in Natick and buried there. Did you ever live in Mountain Lakes?
My phone is 908 813-9868 til end of year. Please call. How did you hear about Samuel? You are the first Mills contact I have made.

Boni (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 12:52AM GMT
Hi Wallace,
I'm not sure where to start, I want to jump up & down but I'm afraid to, too soon .
1st, I have found a distant cousin that is doing genealogy on my great grandmothers line . She lives in the area in Pa. that my family came to after they left Ma. . She had the names from doing research from the Fenton Lib. near where she works. While searching MILES she found a connection to MILLS that I told you about in the last e-mail. She wasn't sure if all was a definant connetion or not , that is why I'm researching. They seem to be in line & order I just can't get documentation.
All the names you just gave me are the same as I have . Solomon ,b. 1767,Natick ,Ma. married to Betsy Crane (3rd wife) father was Solomon ,b. 1729 Needham,Ma., married to Elizabeth ? ,b. 1733 ,his father was Solomon , b.1703 Needham, MA. married to Lydia ,b. 1707. This Solomon is the only one that you didn't have on your list. Joseph Jr. seems to be about the same age as he is. Could they be brothers instead of father / son???
When is a good time to call? I live in N.Y. , I never had info. pass my 3rd great grandfather , Joseph Harper Miles ,b. 1827 in Warren Co., Pa. , married to Cordelia O'Dell ,b. 1834 in Oh. till this year now I'm finding all these names & I don't know if they are family or not, I hope they all are. If it is so I can get back 11 or 12 generations to Samuel.
I'm going to e-mail you also. It will be easier to talk & I'll give you my phone # & address.

Nice to talk to you,
Boni

Boni (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: MILLS / MILES / CRANE / CHUBB / CHICKERING
Hi Wallace,
I REALLY WANT to talk to you , please tell me what time of day to call you & I will..........
I have seen names you mentioned in the New Eng. Marriages Prior to 1700 & I want to find out if these are my family or not . I think they may be.
Boni Miles Bliss

Posted: 1 Apr 2003 6:53AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2003 5:11PM GMT
Re:Solomon

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: MILLS , MILES
It's been a long time are you still researching?

Boni Miles Bliss
bonibliss@ymail.com

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Mills/ Kingsbury
Hello,
My name is Thomas and im looking for information on Elizabeth the wife of Solomon Mills Born 1729 in Natick Mass.

Thomas

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Mills
Ed DENEKA is trying to send you a reply, but says it keep getting bounced.
Not sure the "why" of it.

Says to read page 44 of the book by Betty POST, "Early MILLS of Vermont".

Says they had 7 children all born in Natick.

Pat
cw
Will send this and see if it too "Bounces".

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 3:32PM GMT
Hi, I'm Boni Miles Bliss ,Tom H. Aunt from NY, I will check & see if he got this & Thank You for helping with our Mills/Miles
bonibliss@ymail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions