Search for content in message boards

Waller's of Virginia

Waller's of Virginia

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waller
Does anyone out there have info on the Virginia Waller's. They seemed to be prominent during the 1700's to early 1800's and then its as if they cease to exist. There are Waller's in my tree but all dead ends on the research. The area's Im looking in are Surrey, Sussex, New Kent, King & Queen, King William, Essex, Caroline, Hanover, Westmoreland and Henrico. These counties cover my search area because of family history. If anyone has info please contact me through message boards, my Ancestry user name or email: dixiechk60@yahoo.com !

Re: Waller's of Virginia

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 9:34AM GMT
There was a Waller Plantation in one of those counties, I am a WALLER but from the black side or should I say that the surname was passed on through slavery, my side comes from yhe orange county area and I could only go as far back as 1830, my great grandfather Jack Waller, born in Madison, part of Orange,we of course are mixed, being MULATTO. so I cannot tell you more than that. I do have a listing of the lineage of the white side going all the way back to ENGLAND.

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 11:12AM GMT
Thank you so much for the reply! Dear lady, color makes no difference to me. I believe there are also Waller's of mixed race in the King William area and also Essex because of the Indian Heritage there. I just cant seem to find anybody! Its so confusing at this point. I have hit walls before but this one truely has me stumped! I posted my email previously and would appreciate any info you can share on the family as you have obtained it! Thanks again, Ida Atkins

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: WALLER
YOU ARE WELCOME ! BILL Scott ,I think that is his name , so you can get that waller lineage , I think he has a web page, also JOHN or WILLIAM WALLER had a plantation that is now a bed and breakfast type place in BUMPUS, VIRGINIA, my Greatgrand mother- WILLIE ANN had 11 children,one being my Grandfather-CHARLES HENRY WALLER, the rest I cannot find, I have their names and birth dates but it is like they vanished,I can't even find my great-great grandparents, so I know how it feels,I have been working on it for 20 years off and on ,to get real answers I must go to ORANGE.

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 4:49AM GMT
YOU ARE WELCOME ! BILL Scott ,I think that is his name , so you can get that waller lineage , I think he has a web page, also JOHN or WILLIAM WALLER had a plantation that is now a bed and breakfast type place in BUMPUS, VIRGINIA, my Greatgrand mother- WILLIE ANN had 11 children,one being my Grandfather-CHARLES HENRY WALLER, the rest I cannot find, I have their names and birth dates but it is like they vanished,I can't even find my great-great grandparents, so I know how it feels,I have been working on it for 20 years off and on ,to get real answers I must go to ORANGE.

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 11:18AM GMT
Lord have mercy its a small world! Hon, there are tons of Waller kin of yours still in the Bumpass area. I used to do a high school run (bIm a school bus driver) up into the green bay area and top side of beaverdam near the louisa line. There is a cache load of Waller's all up through there that you would want to talk to. Some of the old folks are gone by now but Im sure there are still a few who can aide in your search up there. Now the folks Im speaking of are all on the Hanover side but Im sure they are all your family. There are also alot of Waller's in the Ashland and Hanover are's as well. Hope this will help you some in your search! Ida

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 11:35PM GMT
THANK YOU THANK YOU , so much, this made me tear up, I want to find my family so so bad, I started this journey for my Father, to give him his history before he left this earth, cause he told me about his DAD and his life, he passed in 2002,so now it is my journey and when I am done I can look up to heaven and say DADDY, I DID IT. I will be on the way APRIL 30 MY birthday the 63rd.

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 12:02AM GMT
YOU want to hear something crazy ! We have similar interest,I worked in the school system in Arlington, Alexandria, and Fair Fax County in Special Ed. and substituting, I love history, photography and I am kind of a Artist, I have 2 grown kids and 3 Grandchildren, I am Baptist and very spiritual, I am interested in all kinds of religion and love to garden, that is the farmer in my blood,Jack was a farmer, I am a earthly person, very connected to nature and native spirits.

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 1:01AM GMT
That is just awesome!

Posted: 29 May 2013 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: WALLER, Smith, Mayo, Holmes
To both of you: I am a WALLER from Gloucester VA. My Wallers originated from William R Waller, of King&Queen VA. We are trying to research our ties to the Wallers of King William VA and Hanover(Beaverdam)VA. I have met some Wallers from both areas. Quite a few years ago, I went to the WALLER plantation home "Endfield" in King William (now a private family home), and have been to Spotsylvania VA and visited Judge Waller's brother-in-law, who has most likely passed by now. There is a cemetary at WALLERs Baptist Church there also. (Caucasian)

There is also a cemetary at Mangohick Baptist Church in King William VA. (Mixed) We are also trying to research the Wallers in Surry and Middlesex (Jamaica) VA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions