Search for content in message boards

Doyle, Coffey, Connor of Gortbrack

Doyle, Coffey, Connor of Gortbrack

Posted: 12 May 2012 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Doyle, Coffey, Connor
Looking for information on Philip Coffey DOB 1878 DOD 1886 Gortbrack, wife Kate Doyle DOB 1860 DOD Abt 1923 Gortbrack also Kate's 2nd husband Eugene Connor DOB 1874 and married Kate 3-1-1881 Gortbrack.

Re: Doyle, Coffey, Connor of Gortbrack

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 5:02AM GMT
Surnames: Coffey, O'Connor
Hello - I stumbled upon your post while looking for other Coffey family members from Gortbrack. I am looking for a John Coffey (born act. 1849) and his wife Mary (born abt. 1854). They had at least four children: Michael, John, Daniel and Margaret. Michael and John were born in Ireland and Daniel and Margaret were probably born in Newark, NJ, after the family immigrated. I'm also trying to find a link to an O'Connor family in that area as well.

If any of this rings a bell, perhaps we could compare notes.

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:02PM GMT
Baptism and marriage records - see

www.irishgenealogy.ie

Found a Gort everything but Gortbrack but eventually found it is close to Ballyseedy, Tralee and there are Coffey's
listed in the Kerry telephone book. You could try writing a few letters while you wait for contact.

Too many Doyle's or Connor's to attempt any guesses but you can limited to Ballyseedy/Tralee area.

Griffith Valuation: www.askaboutireland.ie

Tithe's 1823-1837 www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie

1901/1911 census www.census.nationalarchives.ie

Annette Code

Posted: 11 May 2013 1:57PM GMT
Hi,
Sorry for the delay, my John Coffey did not live in NJ. He lived in Arlington, MA.

Good luck

JoAnn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic