Search for content in message boards

Connors/O'Connors

Connors/O'Connors

Posted: 29 May 2012 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Heffernan O'Connor
Looking for Heffernan/Connors/O'Connors from Tipperary and Templeglantine, Newcastle, Limerick, Ireland. My Great Grandfather was Patrick Heffernan who originally came from Tipperary. He relocated to Templeglantine, Newcastle, Limerick. He married a Joan Connor/O'Connor. My Grandfather William Heffernan was born in Templeglantine, Newcastle, Limerick. His baptismal states Joan Connor as mother, all the relatives say name was Johanna O'Connor. Patrick and Joan (Johanna) had about 11 or 12 children. My Grandfather William immigrated to the United States in 1920s. Married Bridie Cotter of Faranfore, Killarney, Kerry, Ireland.

Re: Connors/O'Connors

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 5:12AM GMT
Try Kerry Parish Church records on the website
www.irishgenealogy.ie

No dates given but any records from 1864 are civil records
and most can be found on www.familysearch.org

If they were in Kerry in 1853 the head of household might
appear in Griffith Valuations: www.askaboutireland.ie

Annette Code

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 11:51PM GMT
Thanks again Annette. I go through those every so often but since I am unsure of all the names I never really know if they are related.

I will keep plugging through living relatives and try to get more info that may be helpful.

Pat Enoch

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 1:36AM GMT
I don't know if Kerry will joint www.rootsireland.ie but
keep the name anyway and check back occasionally. I think they are down to only 4 counties that don't belong.

Annette

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 3:22AM GMT
Yes. They are adding more as time goes on. Thanks again.

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Heffernan/connors/o'connors
Hi Pat,i have all the information you need on the Heffernan family as your grandad Bill and my grandad Bob were brothers.A few years ago i spent a lot of time doing the family tree,fortunately my dad is alive and still farms the land where your grandad grew up.I'm self-employed Pat so Christmas is very busy for me but i promise in the new year i'll pull out my homework and answer any questions you have for me.Be warned, huge family, lots of info.
Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.
Your cousin Mairead.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2013 2:06AM GMT
Hi Mairead,

I have heard you about through Cousin Joan. We have recently been a spot of troubles with internet connections through our service so late checking in on email. Joan has given me some info, at least what she could remember. Still missing some names and dates though. We too have been busy this Christmas season. I and hubby Jim are retired, but I volunteer in a number of places locally.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Your cousin Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions