Search for content in message boards

Help with an obituary lookup please???

Help with an obituary lookup please???

Posted: 28 May 2012 3:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
Could someone check to see is there is a written obituary in the Kootenai newspaper for Francis H. Koffel who died 1/14/1945? Any help would be very apprerciated. Thank-you.

Re: Help with an obituary lookup please???

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Koffel
Hi,

Maybe you already found this info but Francis Howard Koffel
Born: Feb. 11, 1924, Bonner Co., ID
Died: Jan 13, 1945

Father: John Howard Koffel (1896-1977)
Mother: Iva Angeline Wells Koffel (1905-1997)

Francis is buried in the Golden Fate National Cemetery, San Bruno, San Mateo Co., California. Plat: B, 285
Source: findagrave.com

Regarding his obituary, contact Kootenai County Genealogical Society, www,kcgs.org/research.html . Successful Searching!

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 2:32PM GMT
Hi, Thank-you I did but was hoping that there might be an obituary. I was hoping to find out details of where he was killed and if it was overseas or not. His family lived in Kootenai.
Thanks for your reply!!

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 3:10AM GMT
I'll check the newspaper for you tomorrow afternoon. My services (and what this website is for) are free. The Site she is referring you to has a fee starting at $15.00. Funny there was no mention of a fee in the post.

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 2:33PM GMT
Gosh, Would you? Thank-you very much for anything you find.
Yes well I would have found out about the fee. That lady is always posting. Thanks again

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 12:18AM GMT
I am thinking you might want to check Bonner County. Kootenai is a small town in Bonner County. I did check the Coeur d' Alene Press in Kootenai County and there was no mention. I do know there were several obits for Koffels in Bonner County. The county seat there is Sandpoint. I will have my mother check the newspaper there tomorrow to see if there was a death listed. Sorry I have nothing yet. :)

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 2:54AM GMT
My mother needed help getting the newspapers off the shelf and there was no one else around. :( She goes back to the museum Tuesday and I will reminder her to check for it then. Sorry for the delay but we will try to find the obit for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions