Search for content in message boards

John Shaw estate probated 29 Mar 1824, Warren Co., OH

John Shaw estate probated 29 Mar 1824, Warren Co., OH

Posted: 9 Oct 2000 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2009 1:28PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, LaForce, Holcomb, Higgins
Seeking any information for the following family:
John Shaw (died bef. 29 Mar 1824 in Warren Co., Ohio) -- no clue as to birth date or wifes name.
Known children from Will and my ancestor:
Sarah "Sally" Shaw (born circa 1781, married 3 April 1806 in Warren Co, OH Robinson LaForce)
Solomon Shaw (circa 1790 to 1800)
Archibald Shaw (married 9 September 1817 Althea Holcomb)
William Shaw
Margaret Shaw (married Johnathan Higgins)
Nancy Shaw (married William H. Lloyd 15 Jan 1818 in Warren Co., OH)
I found a reference to a John Shaw pioneer of Warren County and that he had 12 children but that was all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Shaw estate 29 March 1824Co.,OH

Ruth Hattendorf (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 8:15AM GMT
Laura Reinan, you have a bingo here! I've been working John Shaw's family for many years and this past week have found two more of John's descendants. Please contact me and I will help you with some primary sources. Francis Willess, Joe Werner and Larry Shaw are fellow searchers on this line.

John Shaw estate in Ohio

Will Shaw (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 11:22AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2009 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
I saw your message while looking for information on my grandfather Steven (Stephen) John Shaw. I believe he was born in Ohio around 1880. He died around 1948 in the East St. Louis, Il. area.

I would like to find out if there is any connection.

Thanks Will Shaw

John SHAW family in Warren Co., OH

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2001 1:36PM GMT
Ruth, How very nice to get a response so quickly!! When I first started looking for information on John Shaw I thought I was looking for a needle!! I would love to hear from you about the Shaw's, my email address is Lauri6CR1@aol.com
Laura

Re: John Shaw estate in Ohio

Ruth Hattendorf (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2009 1:29PM GMT
Will,
Sorry, I just saw your query. Old John Shaw was born abt. 1732 (notation of his age at death 1 Oct 1823 was 91 years) this was found in the Bible of one John's grandsons. John immigrated from Down Co Ireland (we are pretty sure) to PA?.NC bef. Revolution,OH 1795. This probably does'nt help much,
Ruth Hattendorf

Re: John Shaw estate 29 March 1824Co.,OH

Posted: 7 Dec 2006 6:46AM GMT
Hi Ruth, I've been searching for any info on this family my ggg-grandfather is Solomon Shaw son of John Shaw,born in Ohio, would love to hear from you, have been so frustrated trying to find them. Was so excited to see the names I've been looking for in your posting.

Posted: 3 Apr 2007 2:33AM GMT
Hi, this John Shaw is my boyfriends line that I'm helping him with would love to hear from you. I can't seem to find much about him. Thank you! Lisa

Posted: 3 Apr 2007 2:41AM GMT
Hi Ruth, forgot to give you my email it is LisaDominos@msn.com would love to hear from you regarding this family, thank you!

Posted: 4 Apr 2007 1:05AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2009 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Kelley
If you will check the Warren County, Ohio Rootsweb site at
http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohwarren/index.htm and do a search for "Shaw" there is a transcript of a court record that names all of John Shaw's children, including the ones not named in his will, and shows where they lived in 1835. I am descended from John's son James Shaw who moved to Tippecanoe County, Indiana, and have a lot of information on several of John's children. I would be glad to share if you e-mail me at willess@juno.com. John Shaw was married to Margaret M. Kelley.

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Lloyd, Loyd
John Shaw's daughter Nancy, who married William H. Lloyd, is the mother of my great grandfather, Andrew Jackson Loyd. They moved to Iowa and had many children. Andrew Jackson married Amelia Bakewell and both died in Memphis, TN. Yes, just one "L" since he changed his spelling after the family disowned him following the Civil War.
I will read the entire e-mail chain and collect as many facts as I have to post later.
Betsy Lowrey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic