Search for content in message boards

Christopher Bush

Christopher Bush

JLHERRELL (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 1:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
In my background is Christopher Bush. He was born about 1730 His Daughter was Sarah Step- mother to Abraham LIncoln....He is supposed to be of German descent would appreciate any information.

Re: Christopher Bush

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2002 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: Bush, Radley, Lincoln
My ancestor is the older sister of Sarah Bush, named Hannah, and she married in 1794, Ichabod Radley in 1794, Elizabethtown, Hardin Co., KY.

Christopher Bush's ancestry, and actual birthdate (1730-1740) is still unknown. Earlier descendants reported that he was born in Holland or Germany.

I have a lot of data on his descendants, if you are interested in a gedcom. Please let me know.

I have all of Christopher's children, and genealogy on their families. Where do you connect? Christopher's wife, Hannah, still has maiden name unknown. Some have made a "guess" at Davis - but never proven, and I have never seen any data connecting her to a Davis line. They did marry in VA - just where, has not been found either. Many are working on this line.

send me your e-mail address if you want a gedcom. drchernick@prodigy.net

Janet Herrell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 11:19PM GMT
My mothers family comes down through William Bush who married Elizabeth Rhoads..1794
their son Samuel Married Deborah Garner...1835
their son John Thomas Bush who married Mary Sarilda Downey 1874
and their daughter Lou Emma Bush married Walter Cecil Jr.1907
their daughter Pansy Lee Cecil married Robert Scott Pendygraft 1927
My mother Dorothy Louise Pendygraft married Henry Meier Jr
Janet Lynn Meier married Buckley D. Herrell 1981

You do know there is a Bush cemetery dont you? My mother was born in Hardin county and was raised not far from the Cemetery. I would love to see what you have if you need more details on mine ...just let me know.....thank you for your help.

Bill (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 6:04AM GMT
Donna,

I "discovered" the DAVIS line is probably from John JOHNSTON's mother's side and NOT from the BUSH side.

Bill

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 6:27AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2001 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bush, Johnston, Davis
Interesting!! Would that be connected to Daniel Johnston who was first husband of Sarah Bush? I've been trying to find something on his line for a long time - like who his parents were, siblings, and where he came from.

What is the Davis connection that you found?

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 10:10AM GMT
My line goes through Christophers Son William . Ive never researched anything on Daniel Johnson. And the Davis connection has never been verified. Will go through papers and look again for any information.

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 10:12AM GMT
who is John Johnson.? is he the father of Sarahs Ist husband?

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 3:54PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2001 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bush, Johnston, Barker, Lincoln
I don't know who John Johnson is. Sarah (Bush) Johnston Lincoln had a son name John D. Johnston. Some say his middle name was Daniel, and some say it was Davis. I haven't seen a definite answer on that.

John D. Johnston was born 10 May 1810 in Elizabethtown, Hardin Co., KY, and died 1854 in Coles Co., IL. He married Mary Barker in 1834, Coles Co., IL. She was also born in KY.
This John had two sisters: Sarah Elizabeth Johnston and
Matilda Johnston.

Sarah Elizabeth married Dennis Friend Hanks in 1821, Spencer Co., Indiana.

Matilda married Squire Levi Hall, Jr. in 1826, Spencer Co., Indiana.

Both daus. of Sarah (Bush) Johnston Lincoln married in Indiana before they moved to Illinois.

An interesting note: Abe Lincoln was not always happy with the way John D. Johnston handled his finances. There have been letters preserved showing that.

Bill (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2001 1:41AM GMT
Loooonnng days and short nights makes for tired folks.

I meant Daniel Johnston.

In the book, _Lincoln's Mothers_ by Dorothy Clarke Wilson, there are two references to the Davis surname. One is in the text of the book and the other in her references discussion. The reference in the text on page 121 refers to Daniel's mother's family as the source of the DAVIS name in John DAVIS Johnston.

She has so many references I have not had time to track them all down. I have located a couple of books I want to order but haven't had the time to order.

Of course for me, locating the family is extremely important since Sarah BUSH and Daniel JOHNSTON were my ggggggparents.

I really want to extend these lines back.

Bill

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 1:49AM GMT
I bet you do. If I run across something will try to send it to you......good luck.

Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic