Search for content in message boards

George Washington Garrison

George Washington Garrison

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2004 3:46PM GMT
Born 1842 m Maria Davis 6 children. His parents were Levi Garrison and Jane Ross 7 Children. Levi's father was Eli Garrison 4 Children.

My G Grandfather was Edward Vernon Garrison b 1870 Crawford co. Kansas d 1948 . Early brothers to Edward were levi 1864, Charles 1877 both born Selma Iowa. Younger siblings were Grayson b1873, Lillie 1875, Nettie 1878 were all born McCune Crawford County Kansas. Nettie lived in Great Bend Kansas well past 100 years old.

Have very interesting family history and hand written family tree written by Dr Grayson Garrison (Dentist/Artist I believe) and a trunk full of artifacts and photos. If these names ring bells please contactme for further details.

Re: George Washington Garrison

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
YES!!! these names do ring a bell David. George is my ggg grandfather.I also have the family history by GG Garrison including alot of poetry he wrote. Would LOVE to exchange information with you. My grandmother is the great grandaughter of George and will be excited to find out any information. I have a shoebox full of postcards written to Maria Garrison from her children including Ed and his wife Clara. My grandmother has told me stories of her Uncle Ed being a painter at one time. Please contact me and lets exchange information. What type of artifacts and pictures do you have? I have a few and would be willing to exchange them. I have a family portrait of George W and all the children. Email me!! Very excited, Mark

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 11:22PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2002 4:24PM GMT
G.W.and Mahala were my ggrandparents. They settled in Norton KS but were from Ohio. I have some info but only know what happed to a couple of the kids. I do know Levi and Nettie were siblings of my grandfather Arthur. I have a list at home of the children.

Posted: 5 Feb 2002 12:30AM GMT
Thank you for replying, however you have royally confused me.Some of your names click and some don't. I have George Washington married to Maria Jane Davis from the family bible.They settled in McCune (Crawford Co) Kansas where they are both burried.
Their six Children were David Levi, Charles Eli, Edward Vernon (my ggrandfather on grandmothers side), Grayson George, Lillie Belle,and Nettie Jane.
The only Arthur I have come up is Arthur Eisenbrant i'm not sure but I think he is on the Gunter side somewhere. Please write me back at dgunter3@bellsouth.net when you get more information I am sure you fit in here somewhere and I would like to help you find it.

Posted: 19 Feb 2002 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2009 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Fish, Bennett, Garrison, Hendrickson
Could you please see if you have a Martha Elinor Garrison she was married to John C. Bennett. Martha Elinor was born in 1836 TN. she married John in 1812 in N Caroline
John C. Bennett was born 1843 in TN.
They had daughter name Martha Bennett born 1864 in TN.

Martha Elinor Garrison was my GR GR Grandmother and that is all I know about her She beings and End's there I have no other info on her. I would feel so blessed if you would let me know anything at all about her.

Their daughter Martha married my grandfather Samuel Flippen Fish. I know funny name huh?
If you or anyone else could you please e-mail sandrewssjsa@aol.com with any info on this line.

My Blessed Regards
Sandra J Andrews

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 12:35AM GMT
Thank you for responding. I'm sorry to say I have no Martha
Elinor in my notes. My Garrisons come from VIrginia to Ohio
and somehow end up in Kansas. I will keep this name on file and if I stumble across something I will try to get back to you.

Misty Bond (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: GARRISON
I am trying to help a friend with her family history research, and this post caught my eye for two reasons. First of all, the use of a president as the fore and middle names, and also that it is in Norton KS. The man we are looking for is William Harrison Garrison, who was born in Norton, KS in 1892. We do not know his parent's names. Possibly he fits into the Geo. Wash. Garrison family?? We are planning a trip to Norton in the very near future, as it isn't to far from where we live. Any help with this would be quite appreciated. Many Thanks, Misty Bond in Geary Co. Kansas.

Charlotte M. Brungard (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 8:40PM GMT
The man you are looking for 'William Harrison Garrison' is my grandmother's youngest brother. e-mail me directly:
Maxine240@netzero.net.

Posted: 11 Jan 2004 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2009 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Garrison
David,

My great-grandfather was Charles Eli Garrison. We also have a copy of Uncle Doc's (Grayson) family history and tree. I would love to see copies of any photos you have. We also have some pictures, taken mostly about 1920, which I would like to share. Do you by any chance have information on any of the ancestors, beyond what Uncle Doc had in his history? I have not been very successful in finding anything.
By the way, there were two George Washington Garrison's who lived in Kansas at the same time, and very close together. I saw a book about the other family in the Huntington Beach Public Library in California. The dates and names were very close, but not the same people. This may be the cause of the confusion of an earlier post.

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: GARRISON, DAVIS
Hi, Cousin

Long time since we were in contact. This is Mark Hill, grandson of Helen M. (Beery) Stewart - daughter of Charley R. Beery and Liddie E. Garrison. Would love to contact to trade any new information since the last time we were in contact. I took a trip to Keosauqua, Van Buren Co., Iowa a couple of years ago and was able to see the courthouse that George W. Garrison and Maria Jane Davis were married in. It is still in use! Also took quite a few pictures of Davis and Garrison related tombstones. I also have some interesting new information on Grayson G. Garrison I would love to share.

Email me stlcoffeeguy@sbcglobal.net
My website is genealogyandmore.com

Looking forward to reconnecting,
Mark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions