Search for content in message boards

Laffey/Mulroe families

Laffey/Mulroe families

Susan Cotter (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Laffey, Mulroe
My Laffey/Mulroe lived in Bohaun, Co. Galway. Bohaun is near Clonbur on Loch Mask. Eight of nine sons of James Laffey and Margaret (Mulroe) Laffey immigrated to the U.S. between 1881 and 1895. Their youngest son William remained on the family farm in Bohaun and married Ellen Jennings. I have been in touch with descendents of William Laffey and would like to know if there are descendents of the Mulroe family still living in Co. Galway.

Thank you.

Laffey-Mulroe Galway

T.J. Spellman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Laffey, Mulroe
GG Grandfather Martin Laffey(b.1840 to Martin and Mary Sumerville Laffey) married (1863) to Mary Mulroe (b.1840 to Patrick Mulroe and Bridget Gibbons Mulroe) Any similarities?

Re: Laffey-Mulroe Galway

Jackie Cain (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2002 2:19PM GMT
The combination of your Spellman/Spelman name and Mulroe name caught my eye. My husband's maternal great grandmother was Mary Mulroe born abot 1851 who married Martin Spellman. They were from the Cornamona/Cluggam area in Co. Galway. We know nothing of the Mulroe family and would love more info. Where are your Mulroe's from? And are you one of our Spellman's? Where did your Spellman family come from?

Re: Laffey/Mulroe families

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Laffey
Susan: I just found your posting. I have a Laffey connection but its from my 2nd Grt grandfather. His name was Patrick and he was married to a Mary Mulligan. They had three children, Peter, John, and Mary. The boys were born in Ireland while Mary was born in Wales. Mary married John Mark Enright in St Louis in 1895. They came to the US abt 1883 and settled in St Louis. Patrick died in 1895 in his 52 year. His wife Mary died in 1884 at the age of 40.

do you have any info on the brothers that came over. Family stories have been that Patrick came over with other Laffey members but no one really knows. Thanks for any tidbits...its been over 20 years that I ve been trying to get out of St Louis with the Laffeys and Enrights. My Irish clans are definitely CLOSED MOUTH........Mandi

Re: Laffey-Mulroe Galway

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: spelman
was just wondering if Mary Mulroe has a sister -
Elizabeth Mulroe b1846 Mayo, parents are also Patrick and Bridget Mulroe?Elizabeth married John Spelman b:1838 sligo. but moved to wolverhampton uk.
many thanks
karl spelman.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic