Search for content in message boards

Rowsell

Rowsell

Penney (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 10:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Penn(e)y, Saunders, Butt
Looking for info on Eunice Rowsell born c 1840's, who married my great grandfather James Saunders born Feb. 1841, Shoe Cove, NL. He may have married 3 times. 1. Eliza Hewlett, 2. Eunice Rowsell, and 3. Dorcas Rowsell. Our Family Bible just lists Eunice as his wife. Anyone have any info to offer?

Re: Rowsell

Posted: 3 Jun 2005 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2005 9:08PM GMT
The info I have was provided by Rita (Grant) Locke. Her info states that Eunice was the daughter of Henry and Druscilla Rowsell of South Brook. Henry and his family were some of the earliest settlers at Halls Bay (Later Springdale)

Peter (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2005 11:40PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2005 1:50PM GMT
Hi:
I'm not a Rowsell researcher and have a slightly different take on it than Ray, but he's probably right.

Eunice, born March 5 1846, daughter of Henry, and Wife Priscilla Rideout. Henry & Priscilla were married October 12 1836. Other siblings may be Elijah, Luke, Martha, George,Jemima, Uriah, Henry & Emma. I have James Saunders married to Eunice, on November 26 1878 @ South West Arm.I have their Son Henry James Saunders married to Susanna Catherine Budden on October 15 1904. However, will always bow to superior knowledge.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:42PM GMT
Hi there, we are currently looking into ours history. I saw your post. Eunice is my great grandmother. I think lol. My grandmother is Mary Saunders born July 1893 on the west coast of Newfoundland. I think this is the right family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic