Search for content in message boards

Trafton

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: TRAFTON
Gardner Trafton was an early traveller to Camden County, but I haven't been able to track his desc. Any clues on ANY Trafton's? Thanks, D. Nading

Gardner Trafton

R. E. Stokley (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have a Charles Gardner Trafton( b. 31 Dec 1760 in Massachusetts and d. 2 sep 1831 in Camden County, NC) who married my 4G Aunt Lovey McPherson( 24 Sep 1776 South Mills, NC d. 1 Apr 1802 in Camden County, NC). She was the dt. of Joshua McPherson and Courtney Hixon.
This is all I have but sometimes, every little bit helps!

Gardner Trafton

M.Trafton Dunphey (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have information on various Traftons: Thomas, Thadeus, Zachary, George, George M. . Berlin F., Howard, Berlin R., Carroll and others in the state of Maine. The information is too lengthy to include unless they are of interest to you. Please respond if they are.

Gardner Trafton

Christine Ambrose (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Gardner Trafton of Dighton, MASS entered The Port of Currituck in the ship named "Nancy" on Dec. 26, 1787. This was not his only trip in NC. He married Lovey McPherson and had a least the following four children: Courtney, b. January 28, 1793, Joseph Talbot, b. November 5, 1796, Benjamin b. February 8, 1799 and John Wesley b. February 8, 1799 (twin).

Lovey died April 1, 1802. Gardner married Mary.

Records or Gardner's descendents can be found at The Family Research Library in Elizabeth City, NC (252)333-1640

Gardner and his family are buried on Trafton Road in Camden County. Only Gardner and two grandsons have stones remaining. The cemetery is between and a little behind the first two houses on the left. Feel free to ask at one of the houses for directions if you can't find it.
Posted: 27 May 2002 11:35PM GMT
My Great Great Great Grandfather was Malachi Trafton SR. This is the only Trafton's that I have been able to track.
Posted: 27 May 2002 11:35PM GMT
My Great Great Great Grandfather was Malachi Trafton SR. This is the only Trafton's that I have been able to track.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic