Posted: 19 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dills, Stratton, Lunsford, Cuzzine, Moore, Redmond
I am researching the Dills family line in and around Macon
County NC.
Henry Kimsey Dills m. Susannah (Stratton) Furr in 1838,
Macon County. I would like to find parents and siblings of
Susannah.
Also, any info on Moore family. John Parker Moore m.
Charlotte Milly Redmond. I think Milly's father was
Capt. Benjamin Redmond(or Redmon?) from Virginia.

Stratton/Dills

Posted: 29 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2006 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Stratton, Dills
I am descended from Henry Kimsey Dills and Susan Stratton. I have seen Susan's parents as Hezekiah Stratton and Margaret -----, but have no proof.

Lunsford - Coleman

Posted: 12 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2002 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: lunsford, coleman
My Saphronia (Frances/Fiona) Lunsford b 1868 Macon Co m James P. Coleman 1883 Macon Co (Nantahala Twp). Would like more on the Lunsford and Coleman lines.

Lunsford/Neal/Dills Connections

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Lunsford, Neal, Dills, Lance, Trulove
I'm looking for any information linking the Dills and Neal or Lunsford families.

I currently have:

Samuel Lane Neal m. Catherine Lucinda Dills
21 Mar 1880, Macon Co, NC

James Alexander Neal m. Cora Dills
3 Sep 1899, Macon Co, NC

James Alexander Neal is the son of Samuel Lane and Catherine Lucinda Dills Neal.

Who are Cora's parents?!?!? and is there another connection?

Artie L. Neal m. Willie Cordis Lunsford
24 July 1898, NC

Artie L. Neal is the daughter or Samuel Lane and Catherine Dills Neal.

Is there any other connection with the Lunsford's?

Thanks for any help that you might have!

NEALS/LUNSFORDS/DILLS connection

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2006 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: NEAL, LUNSFORD, MOORE
Hi Charlotte, One quick question: My great-great-grandmother was Artie Lukinza (Lucinda) Howard Neal, which I believe is the same relation as Samuel Lane Neal (He was either her son or grandson). Is this what you have? My great-grandfather was a son from Artie Howard Neal's second marriage, she being a widow during the Civil War of John Alexander Neal. Does this all sound familiar to you? I do not know about the Dills at the moment, but will try to dig some more. I come from the Neal/Moore line and would be willing to share with you any info. Thanks, Debbie in Arkansas

Lunsford/Howard/Neal

Lou Lunsford (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lunsford, Howard, Neal
I think I can answer part of your question. A story we were told years ago has it that Thomas Lunsford, (son of McCajah and Anna Barnes Lunsford) md. Martha Ann Howard. They had 1 or 2 children, and then Thomas deserted Martha and the children and ran off to GA. One of those children md. a Neal to the best of my memory. As far as I know, Martha never remarried. It was quite a scandal around Acquone in Macon Co. NC. Willie Lunsford who md. Artie Neal was also a son of McCajah and Anna Barnes Lunsford.

Neals

Liz Neal (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Neal
My husband is the gg grandson of Joseph Alexander Neal who is a brother to Samuel Lane Neal from Macon Co. NC...I am interested in exchanging info with you. I am new to this.... am working on a GEDCOM file on the Neals ..will share it soon. Liz

Neal Family

Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2001 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Neal
My grandmother was Beulah Neal Eller, her father was James Rush Neal, his father and mother were Samuel Lane Neal and Catherine Lucinda Dills. James Alexander Neal is not a son of Samuel Lane and Lucinda Dills. My great aunt told me this is not so and she is the granddaughter of Samuel and Lucinda. Have more information if you are interested in what I have. Thanks I hope this helps!

Macon County, NC

Correction on Annie Lunsford, 20

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Dills, Taylor, Berry, Parker, Blackburn, Moore, Stewart, Young, Postell
Correction: In this message, I had Annie Lunsford's age as 29 but it is really 20. This was a typing error. Sorry. Carol

(Charlotte, You asked, Is there any other connection with the Lunsford's? In James E. Wooley's book: Macon County, North Carolina Marriages 1829-1939 I found another connection between the Lunsford's and the Neals. [John W. Neal, 26, to Annie Lunsford, 20, 5-31-1903; D. F. Howard, M. G.] I hope this is some help to you. Carol)

Lunsford

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Dills, Taylor, Berry, Parker, Blackburn, Moore, Stewart, Young, Postell
Charlotte, You asked, Is there any other connection with the Lunsford's? In James E. Wooley's book: Macon County, North Carolina Marriages 1829-1939 I found another connection between the Lunsford's and the Neals. [John W. Neal, 26, to Annie Lunsford, 29, 5-31-1903; D. F. Howard, M. G.] I hope this is some help to you. Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions